Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I know this has been asked before, but wasnt ready to do it to my bike so i desregarded it..But now I cant search back because of the crash /images/icons/frown.gif.

Ok question is: Have any of you mounted flushmounts to the front of an f4i? If so which ones (I was looking at the LP flushmounts at tricktape.com) And was there any modification that needed to be done to the fairing?? PICS would be great too!

Also, was thinking short stalk III's for the rear, any objections?

Thanks alot,

G

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks..Its a little hard to tell without a full picture, but they are much smaller than the originals I assume?? And those are the stalk II's right?

G

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
yeah those are the 2's i have the smoke ssIII on my F4i they are pretty cool, look WAY better than the stock ones.

redCBR

Fly N LOW

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
IMO, blah blah...but the front signals on the F4i look better if they're on a stalk, because of the indentation in the plastic. Of course, you can cut that out if you're feeling industrious...

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hey Nom.. I'm feeling industrious.. hehehehe

<font color=red>SilverF4/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>"Respect the Wrist!!!" <font color=red>Brok! Brok!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those look good Rockinfigz! Couple last questions for ya..

1. Do you think the III's are adequate?? (bright wise) compared to original..

2. Since the III's are single filament, and the stock are dual in the front, was the hookup easy??

3. Did you have to remove the front cowl, or were you able to get in there without taking it off??

Thanks alot for all your help guys /images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Registered
424 Posts
I know this picture doesnt show much but these are flushmounted Lockhart iridium.I had to trim the cowl to flush and hollow out the turn signal groove as well as cut halfmoon grooves in my ram air tubes.It was a pain in the you know what; but it was worth it.

Hangup that damn cellphone and drive!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
G_Man yes the LP SSIII are very bright u can see them from a good distance.with the dual filament...the SS i got were single filament..heard that if these stay on like the stock ones they melt the cover. so when i installed them i didnt use the third wire from the bike which was for the running lights. the install was very very easy..no u do not have to take the front cowl off, just the sides and u can easily take off and install the new signals. u dont have alot of room to play with when tightening the signal bolt but its managable.

Hey matt..what kind of hi mount pipe is that and what kind of turn signal u have on the rear?

·
Registered
141 Posts
the pipe is a jardine rt/1 race baffle high mount..i love it...and the turn signals on the back are lp short stalk III's in carbon fiber casing..their really nice as well..

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Again thanks for all the help rockin, and everyone else /images/icons/smile.gif I'll get some pics up after I get them on!

G

1 - 17 of 17 Posts