1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
homeless_cq said:
I really dread the day that they institute National ID cards :flame:

[/ QUOTE ]Well guess what buddy.....its going to happen in your lifetime......I have seen the studies and white papers on the subject.......

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
pudding7 said:
aye, what's the difference between a driver's license and a "national ID card"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um..well..a national ID card is identification. A drivers license is a picture ID affirming that you're licensed by the state to operate a motor vehicle...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
yotsko said:
[ QUOTE ]
homeless_cq said:
I really dread the day that they institute National ID cards :flame:

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I don't see a problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m leery of national ID cards. Some of the proposals fo the ID have included, medical records, social security information, criminal record, credit, bank account info, as well as others. I think the people behind the ID cards have their hearts in the right place but the reality scares me.

Think of the new trend of ID theft and how difficult it is to sort out all the damage that can be done. A good hacker with a stolen ID could do so much damage. I’m not afraid of a simple identification card, but putting all the proposed records in one place kind of scares me.

Also every time I hear talk of a national ID card I can’t help picturing an old WWII movie and the Germans always asking for “papers.”

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.