Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.trackdaz.com/eventcalendar.php
Anyone from here planning on attending this ??? :809028-ridin: Race Group looks wide open!!! :808922-fiddy: Im going to take my new steed out for its first shakedown. :lol2: Who else is going to meet me up at THE BIG TRACK.

QQQ,Currie,Hype,Frank,???????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,845 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
always check to see what USC is doing before you bother asking ron. he is a slave to that college


[/ QUOTE ]

Well, USC is playing in the National Championship game on Jan. 4th and then the season is over :tongue: Unfortunately, I have to work on Friday the 7th....I'm also a slave to work :crazy:

I was just gonna post on what track days people were looking at in Jan/Feb :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
qqqqqqqman said:
[ QUOTE ]
always check to see what USC is doing before you bother asking ron. he is a slave to that college


[/ QUOTE ]

Well, USC is playing in the National Championship game on Jan. 4th and then the season is over :tongue: Unfortunately, I have to work on Friday the 7th....I'm also a slave to work :crazy:

I was just gonna post on what track days people were looking at in Jan/Feb :wink:

[/ QUOTE ]


No worries Ron,We will make it another time. Happy Drilling! :applause:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
Says Zoran Vujasinovic, the guy who has done more R&D testing and racing of the SV650 than anyone else I've heard of (this is the guy who did 1:27.8 around Willow on an 80hp SV a couple years ago). Zoran also runs the Twin Works Factory team that competes in AFM (they run SV1000's, SV650's and Japanese import SV400's). That's who. :bow:

He (and I) don't think that all of Penke's shocks are better than Ohlins, just this one Penske model is superior to the Ohlins model I had. But it's not just this Penske model either. The shock I'm getting isn't an off the shelf shock. It's being built and set-up at Penske to, what we like to call, "Z" Specs :wink:. A stock version of this Penske may not be any better than the Ohlins I had, but this built one will be better. Also a big difference between the two shocks is that the one Ohlins makes does not give you enough ride height adjustment. It only lengthens a 1/2 inch beyond stock length and that's not enough to give the SV optimum geometry. The Penske can be lengthened to 14 inches, which gives you the best swing-arm angle.

There. Now you can't say you didn't learn anything today. :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[ QUOTE ]
KurtsSV said:
Says Zoran Vujasinovic, the guy who has done more R&D testing and racing of the SV650 than anyone else I've heard of (this is the guy who did 1:27.8 around Willow on an 80hp SV a couple years ago). Zoran also runs the Twin Works Factory team that competes in AFM (they run SV1000's, SV650's and Japanese import SV400's). That's who. :bow:

He (and I) don't think that all of Penke's shocks are better than Ohlins, just this one Penske model is superior to the Ohlins model I had. But it's not just this Penske model either. The shock I'm getting isn't an off the shelf shock. It's being built and set-up at Penske to, what we like to call, "Z" Specs :wink:. A stock version of this Penske may not be any better than the Ohlins I had, but this built one will be better. Also a big difference between the two shocks is that the one Ohlins makes does not give you enough ride height adjustment. It only lengthens a 1/2 inch beyond stock length and that's not enough to give the SV optimum geometry. The Penske can be lengthened to 14 inches, which gives you the best swing-arm angle.

There. Now you can't say you didn't learn anything today. :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]


Yea Jason!! :808876-nono: Kurt knows what he wants. Get that shock Kurt and kick Jasons ass on your twin will ya. :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[ QUOTE ]
a929rronone said:
Check the roster....beee-atch :808922-fiddy:

Kurt ain't the only one rolling a twin :809028-ridin:

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone willing to go into combat with only half an engine,(A TWIN) has me beat. :applause: And we were talking about kicking ass at THE TRACK, somtin you prolly forgot about eh James? :lol: Why dont you get your bike with half an engine out to WSIR on the 7th and come play. :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,176 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
[ QUOTE ]
a929rronone said:
Check the roster....beee-atch :808922-fiddy:

Kurt ain't the only one rolling a twin :809028-ridin:

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone willing to go into combat with only half an engine,(A TWIN) has me beat. :applause: And we were talking about kicking ass at THE TRACK, somtin you prolly forgot about eh James? :lol: Why dont you get your bike with half an engine out to WSIR on the 7th and come play. :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

:808876-nono:Silly Kenny look at the trackdaz page!!!! My name is at the top of the race group DUH :809028-ridin:

I hope you like the way my Yosh pipes sound because you will get to hear them a lot since you will be BEHIND me :tongue:

Let the sheat talkin begin :lol2:
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Top