Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 94 YZF 750 and would like to use it for track days once the better weather arrives. What would be the best choice of tyre given that the bike is also used on the road, although only for a sunday morning blast so i am not to worried about wear rate.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I was very impressed with pirelli diablos for trackdays and would recommend them if the bike is also used on the street. That being said, I switched to Diablo Corsa's as I only do trackdays now and am even more impressed with them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The guidelines for Pirelli tires I use is:

Diablo - 70% street/30% track (DOT)
Diablo Corsa - 30% street/70% track (DOT)
Diablo Super Corsa - 100% track (DOT)
Diablo Slicks (NOT DOT.... race license required to purchase) track-only

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
hank said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, if you're at a track day, most of the time you can purchase slicks if you don't have a race license.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I'd recommend Diablo Corsa's or Pilot Powers. I ran a set of Diablo Corsa's for the first time on a track at Barber last September, running 1:42 laps with never a problem with grip. 1:42 at barber at a track day isn't too shabby. There were lots of guys on full race rubber and bikes running slower. I was on a stock R1 with Corsa's. :smile:

·
Registered
205 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
jay64 said:
[ QUOTE ]
hank said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, if you're at a track day, most of the time you can purchase slicks if you don't have a race license.

[/ QUOTE ]

They dont make 16" slicks do they :blush: :grin:???

·
Registered
205 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
I dont think 16s .. 16.5s yes.. Put a set of 17s on it !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds easy don't it; wanna put a set on for me including all the machining/ $4rims/ tires/ headache :bow:? Thank you and good night :grin:, just let me know when to pick it up :Wow1: :tongue:?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
exracr said:
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
I dont think 16s .. 16.5s yes.. Put a set of 17s on it !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds easy don't it; wanna put a set on for me including all the machining/ $4rims/ tires/ headache :bow:? Thank you and good night :grin:, just let me know when to pick it up :Wow1: :tongue:?

[/ QUOTE ]Late model Ex500 has 17's check Ebay , im sure you can get a set there

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sure sounds easy enough; but i have dual disk brakes upfront :Wow1:. If you know what i mean by that :grin:?! So i'd have to go 6r rims up front! just gonna get my other stuff done aka motorwork done :808993-banghead:, run on avon venoms for now since they go right on. thanks though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts