Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A firend and I want to hit the track on monday. Does anyone knoe if 2nd or IMI will be open, and how can I set up going out there. We have leathers and boots. Or bikes are not wired. This will be my first track day. Any Info would be greatful
-D-

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
You don't need to be wired for 2nd Creek. I know nothing about IMI/images/icons/crazy.gif
3Banger or Jah can put you in touch with the main man out there. Bob I believe. I think Second Creek may even have a web site.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Tag your it/images/icons/wink.gif

Hey Airmen whats the link you were going to give me on leathers.

BTW I know someone who has a track bike all prepped and ready to go something like an 87 FZR $1800 I'll have to double check the year and model PM if interested.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am interested in that FZR. I would pm you, but I can't figure out how. I do know how to read them though so will you send me some info? Thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
To PM click on the persons name, it will open to thier profile. At the bottom of the page there is a little box with a pictuire like a letter being mailed. Click on it and it will give you the fields to type your message./images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
173 Posts
SecondCreek 303-371-6661, they have been closed on monday & tuesday but call first there is always a recorded message, otherwise 9-5. leathers, gloves, boots, helmet, ntohing else. $45/half day. you must sign in (at the house) to be on the proptery, Bob is the track manager.

typically the track goes clockwise but counter clockwise can happen, if there are few people at the track maybe get everyone to agree and try it.

directions:
take i25 N to i76, go east, exit off onto 96th and go south (right turn), you will follow the east and south rocky mt arsonal fence lines as you approach the track. there are two tracks next to eachother.
or
i225 N to i70 go east, exit off onto tower road, turn left go towards the new airport, turn left onto 88th ave to the track. note; 88th and 96th are the same thing more or less.

good idea to top off with gas; there is a gas station on tower road somewhat near i70. there is another gas station i76 and 96th (exit off onto 96th go left then another immediate left onto a frontage road, go west till the gas station).

a gsxr750 will last about 100+ miles at the track. the track is tight and not all that fast, gears 2-4.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts