Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my rear seat cowl while I was still at the dealer before ever putting a single mile on my new bike. After cursing loudly for five minutes I saw that the edge of it is scratched as well as a small point in the middle of it. I then proceded to curse for five more minutes. /images/icons/wink.gif The paint's chipped off down to the white plastic underneith. Can I buy red Yamaha touch-up paint somewhere? Just a little bottle. I looked briefly through my local shop last time I was there, but didn't see anything that wasn't a huge hairspray sized can of paint and even then all that stuff was labeled Kawasaki I think.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I would take it to the drug store and find some nail pollish that fits. As long as it is small you wont really see it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very handy site. Specially since they have touch-up paint pens. But under their list of 2002 Yamaha colors, they don't list red as any of the R6 colors. They only have one red in the entire list of 2002 Yamaha bikes, and that's a dull metalic red. They did have a red under the 2001 R6, so that would probably work. I'll think it over. I'm in no hurry, it's not getting any worse...

If anyone else has other ideas I'm open to suggestions. And thanks for the ones already. I considered nailpolish briefly, but I think I'd be better off just going to a car supply store, buying a car touch-up paint bottle and just getting the color as close as possible.

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
The 2002 red is the same as the 2001 red. At least I'm 99% sure it is /images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
662 Posts
I love that site! I've used their products a couple of times and the paint matches perfect everytime. The customer service is great and the shipping is super fast. I just thought you might want to know. /images/icons/smile.gif

Mo

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks for the link kevap, the touch up pen is what I've been looking for. After installing my frame sliders, the white plastic shows a little where I cut the hole and the pen would be perfect for correcting this minor flaw.

<font color=blue>YAMAHA R6 - PURE PLEASURE</font color=blue>

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Holy Hell, Thanks for the link I've been looking for touch up pain..

<font color=red>SilverF4/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>"Respect the Wrist!!!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts