1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Re: top wrenches say \"screw you i\'m outta here\"...!!!

I thought the Kanemoto-to-Honda MotoGP was a done deal?...no? I thought Erv was going to handle Nicky's bike, but it appears that Hayden's team is presently complete. Somebody also mentioned a Biaggi-Kanemoto connection, but I never heard anything about it, and it just makes more sense--to me anyway--to pair the 2 countrymen, Erv and Nicky, together.

So, if none of that is happening, what is Kanemoto--the Godfather of MotoGP tuners--gonna do? C'mon S1, you're the victim of your own success--don't just give us half the story, we want the whole scoop. :wink:

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

i doubt it. i'm like sargeant shultz... (*german accent*) "i know n-o-t-h-i-n-g". :grin: i would however just assume erv would go back to calling his own shots. his brief servitude on the GSV-R was clearly a display of altruism. it's not like he NEEDS to be in servitude to honda (or anybody else for that matter). all should be in servitude to him. :bow:

·
Registered
503 Posts

Biaggi and Kanemoto have a lot of history and on his website, Max gives him huge amounts of praise. The international forums from the beginning were saying that Kanemoto was going to be Biaggi's crewchief or possibly to Repsol as a consultant. Unless I missed it somewhere, HRC still hasn't officially announced Max as a Repsol rider, much less his team. (Hayden saying on Greg's Garage that Max is going to be his teammate next year is the closest thing to that thus far afaik.) Who knows, its still likely he'll wind up back at Honda, though as a fan, I would rather have seen him stay at Suzuki, and help bring them back to a fully competitive state.

link

link

Max's story Read the "Thirt Part".

·
Registered
6,544 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
thenightangel said:
Maybe Wietteveen can do some good at Moto guzzi???

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all the same company. Piaggio owns Aprilia who own Guzzi and Laverda. Kinda hard to quit one without quitting the others.

Besides, didn't Piaggio announce that they were pulling out of MotoGP?? Witteveen may have beiled to take employment elsewhere before the axe came down at Piaggio/Aprilia.

Scott :wink:

[Idly wishing that Piaggio would pull the F1 tech off of the Cube, make 500 specials a'la Ducati 999R, and go see what it would do on the WSB grid. Won't happen, but it's nice to wish anyways.]

·
Registered
6,429 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
scotteq said:
[ QUOTE ]
thenightangel said:
Maybe Wietteveen can do some good at Moto guzzi???

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all the same company. Piaggio owns Aprilia who own Guzzi and Laverda. Kinda hard to quit one without quitting the others.

Besides, didn't Piaggio announce that they were pulling out of MotoGP?? Witteveen may have beiled to take employment elsewhere before the axe came down at Piaggio/Aprilia.

Scott :wink:

[Idly wishing that Piaggio would pull the F1 tech off of the Cube, make 500 specials a'la Ducati 999R, and go see what it would do on the WSB grid. Won't happen, but it's nice to wish anyways.]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd idly wish as well- Maybe he quit the F1 program, but I can't see him staying away from Motrcycls forever- and Guzzi needs all the help it can get- Somehow Ghezzi-Brian and Magni keep trumping them. Oh, and the previous works engineer from guzzi is now a founding partner of Ghezzi-Brian. Piaggio might have the financial muscle to own 90 eercent of the italian industry, but I doubt it's going anywhere fast if the brain drain continues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts