Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
90 degrees in Poughkeepsie New York today and for the rest of the week. Too hot for that leather......

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Wear the leather, it was mid to upper 90's on our ride this weekend and all 50 of us were leathered up! Do not exchange skin for cowhide! /images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
257 Posts
NINJY00, A little advise that will save you alot of criticism.....Dont let on that you ride in anything other that full leather body armor and a crash helmet tested by Evil Knievel himself. Everyone here rides all year long in 90 deg. heat in full gear. MISERABLE!! Watch the response I get from that one!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Why bother to post on this site if he's not looking for a few responses? What response do you expect to see from "90 and too hot to wear leather?"

Look at a929's reply -- nothing about it says "YOU WILL DIE." He's trying to save you the same skin he saved himself a week ago. We've had 3 or 4 good riders go down in SoCal in the last month, mostly because of changing road conditions (bad drivers, spilled oil between passes, etc., etc.)

Go invest in a Phoenix jacket. Go get a perforated leather jacket. Go ride faster./images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Yeah if you ride faster it usually gets cooler /images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
ninjy go over towards newburgh and ride my streetfights.....craaap i'm in buff and my bikes in washingtonville....nooooooooo.btw it was 80 up here..and i'm dying.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I bet ya any amount of $$ that ninjy00 has a nazi helmet & baggy shorts for riding gear. Any takers?

<font color=purple> This bike capable of evading high speed pursuit!</font color=purple>

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Sargeant in the Army always used to say, "The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat."

I take it a step further.

The more you sweat in leather the less you bleed in crashing. It's only a matter of time, I'm not telling anyone what to do but everytime I see someone riding without a Jacket and helmet I know he has never crashed and doesn't try to get the most out of his bike, which is cool not everyone has to push their bike when they ride. They just end up looking like they are posing for the cages even though they can't see us.

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ninj00, you are the same person that lowered your ZX6R so low that when you put your girl on the back your rear tire rubbed!

Do you have a brain? If so, do you know how to use it? Come on man, use a little more common sense in your life. Do you have a car that is lowered almost to the ground, wheels sticking out past the fenders, rubbing, and destroying the front suspension too.

There is more to life than what you think is looking cool.

I hope the best for you. I just hope you become a little smarter with your decision making ability with safety and such before you hurt yourself.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
257 Posts
I expected more ranting but I guess for the most part you guys didnt let me down!

929, GO FAST STAY COOL....I like that one! hehe

I personally am a daily rider and I dont know how you guys ride to work, dinner or out to a club etc. in leathers....all wrinkled up and drenched in sweat! But then again your response would be....ehum! "better than drenched in my own blood"

I wish I had the money you people do to be able to buy an expensive piece of machinery like that and just use it for a few pleasure cruises

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Pleasure cruise? On my expensive $1500 11 year old motorcycle? You mean like my commute 2 - 3 days a week when I'm not carpooling? With the oversized leathers I bought so I can fit my work slacks underneath? Or the pants I'll change in to when I carry them in my courier bag if I want them nicely pressed when I get to work. The same leathers I took out in 90 degree weather last weekend? The same leathers I rode in when we got stuck in snow last month?

I ride to work. I ride to errands. I ride to dinner and I don't seem to have a sweat problem.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Greg, Is that you in your Pic. wearing jeans? no riding pants!? No boots!? No Gloves!? NOOOOO cant be! Jesus Mary & Joseph what am I gonna do with you posers! God forbid you should go sliding across the freeway with your pants slid up to your neck via hot blacktop with road rash up to your a$$! So you say you wear pants under your "OVERSIZED" Leathers! Now you've got road rash up to your knee's because your leathers didnt fit right and a heat stoke because your laying on 110 deg. blacktop wearing layers in 90 deg. heat!

Where are all the safety nazis on that one?

Some dude posts that its too hot to wear leathers and all of the sudden he's a nazi wearing shorts and sandles!

So what if he lowered his bike...he likes to go fast in a straight line! Ever heard of drag bikes? Kent Stotz? He dropped a CBR 1100 and put a big fat rear tire on it! Doesnt turn to well but it does 1/4 mi. in less that 8 sec. @ 180 mph! You gonna call him stupid?

Its a wonder you guys dont run all the newbies off!

·
Registered
170 Posts
take it easy tim breath deep and relax i think something is going to blow. I think the reason everyone is so hard on ninjyoo is because the last few posts have been ,i hate to say it, but pretty dumb, and i think designed to get these types of reactions. no i don`t think lowering a bike for dragracing is stupid but i do think lowering a bike for looks and then complaining about the results is. Just my meaningless opinion.

·
Registered
257 Posts
[breathe in...breathe out] Yeah I hear ya! But some guys see a wounded animal and move in for the kill! Drives me nuts! I like esportbike and I know there are other places ninjy00 can/will go if he and others just continue to get butchered for posting! Other forums he would've had a dozen or more FOR and AGAINST but not here with all the scavengers!

There are others on here that can relate to the heat comment but they'll never admit it because they dont want to be emarrased. So they either dont post at all or lie and beat up on the next newbie the first chance they get!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
D'OH /images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

Got me, Tim!/images/icons/smile.gif

I still say A929 was giving some friendly advice. Note the little smiley at the end -- it's got to be friendly, right?/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know what you are saying I think though that most of us are trying to pass on our experiences and end up sounding preachy. I`ll admit i have ridden in t shirt and shorts before. when I had my first crash I was wearing my leather jacket and jeans, the arm of my jacket and my leg took most of the slide thank god i had my jacket on!!! as for my leg it wasn`t too bad just some roadrash even though my jeans were fine (weird) anyways these experiences taught me a lesson and it`s hard to pass this on without sounding preachy. by the way i still ride with jacket and jeans for commuting or casual rides.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah I apologize I got a lil' carried away! The comment wasnt directed towards 929, I was just preparing him for the beatin' he was about to recieve!

/images/icons/smile.gif

Here in Oklahoma its just to humid to wear all my gear as much as I would like to. Not to mention the Interstates are horrible so commuting in full gear in rush hour traffic is not always possible.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
That is it (gloves dropped on floor)!!!!!!!!
Don't give me that OK is too hot, what the #[email protected]# ever heard of Southeast TX, Las Vegas, or Death Valley? I have rode over 10,000 miles in areas like this, now this is hot. Remember Okalahoma is OK /images/icons/cool.gif
I don't think you understand when I ride I ride 160mph plus and 2 wheel slides (go ahead an attack now, but I am one of the less radical riders in our group, hence the missing fairings on the TL) just ask Greg, who was by the way fully geared up this weekend in 95plus weather. Well he didn't get to see the whole ride because he had to help one of downed leathered riders which I can say for Bill was very thankful for having them on.
Well you make your own choice on what to wear what the heck to do. What do I know I don't even own a bike and have never been riding or racing let alone seen or been in a wreck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Aww c'mon Tim, whats wrong with a little friendly harassment? After all, it builds character! Just havin' a little, innocent laugh at someone else's expense! Besides, it IS one of life's little pleasures!

<font color=purple> This bike capable of evading high speed pursuit!</font color=purple>

1 - 20 of 44 Posts