Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gunner, I own a 98 748, when i purchased mine it was a basket case, didnt know it, but what the heck ive spent money on it, my point is, the Aprilia is a great bike i have rode one, but its to big for me, i like the Duc because of its narrow features, I also have ridden a 996 on a track day.. to much torque for me, reason is i really dont like alot of engine breaking i guess you could say i like 2 strokes better, i just elimanted my flywheel off of my bike also put a Nichols light weight clutch basket on, dropped 8lbs of unsprung weight on the engine, there are pros and cons about doing this, well far as im concerned i have done reasearch on this and i know of a few of my friends that have alot more miles on there motors than i do, and are still running, then you get into the rocker arm issue, well i have replaced all of my rockers with the mega cycle arms and they work great no signs of wear yet. unlike the new & improved rockers that Ducati claims that there the good rockers HAA!..got 1500 miles out of there new ones..they SUCK!...Gunner if you got the money and dont mind turning a wrench to save your self money buy a Duc or just wait until 2004 and by the new Bike that is suppose to be out...The Duc's are not hard to work on thats if your mechanically incline, ..Oh yeah i use my bike mostly on track days, sum occasional street riding. thats my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks for the input dude! I *really* wanna ride the 748 before I decide but I know I love the torque of the 996. In a perfect world, I'd get to ride a 748 AND a 748 with the big bore kit and see the difference. I'll just be happy at this point to ride either one. I think I can get an RC51 test ride when I get back home from leave, but the 748 will be a bit tougher. Hopefully it will work out.

If I put what I wanted in this signature, I would piss too many people off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your welcome Gunner, good luck in buying a new bike, hey were are you stationed at right now? What Branch are you in?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks man! I'm in the AF, currently stationed in Ft Walton Beach, FL. Its a tough assignment, but somebody has to do it. /images/icons/wink.gif

If I put what I wanted in this signature, I would piss too many people off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts