Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is a question. I, of course, have an SV650S, and I know soon I will want to upgrade. Question is, stick with the V-twin or go to the I-four. When I ride in the area I'm at we have lots of straight rode and lots of curvy road, but here is my concern.....when riding with I-4s and if I have a TL1000, RC-51 or whatever how will they handle in the twisties compare to the I-4s, same or better? Once, out of the twisties will I be able to keep up fairly well with the I-4s before we hit the next twisty?

I know it really depends upon ones skill in the twisties, but let just ignore that for now and speculate performance based on equally skilled pilots. Thanks for your input.

Rob

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
little common sense people....you may want to read the "anyone ride a tlr 1000".....could've probably saved you the question:)

willie

·
Registered
376 Posts
It's all preferance on the inline or twin. I have owned both. In my opinion the twin don't need to be shifted as much or ridin high in the rev band for all the power. But I aslo never owner a new R1,Gixxer1000 or 954. I've ridden a new gixxer and a 929. I liked them both but like I said preferance.
I like my bike cause there aren't alot out there. I like that it known for killing people who can't ride(tank slappers) I like that it cost a ton less than a Ducati with out the trouble of adjusting desmo valves and just as much power. My bike wasn't perfect but with mods and with time in the seat. I am comfortable with it and the fact every time I get off of it I have a grim on my face makes it the best bike I have owned.

·
Registered
670 Posts
The TLR is a wonderful machine for straights and curves. I have no problem keeping up with and leading I4's up the mountain. A lot of it is rider skill. Remember, the TLR was built for WSB racing, it handles well. The only time I notice the weight is on closely spaced right-to-left/left-to-right corners at high speed. There is also that booming V-twin sound. When your out posing with the I4's, your bike will turn heads.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
He meant there's a thread right under this one asking and receiving just about the same information.

Does anyone read these posts? /images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, now I understand. Why didn't he just say that? Anyway the reason I made a new post is that I wasn't sure my question would be answered under the old one. Anyway, thanks for the info guys I appreciate it. I think I might be leaning toward a biger V-twin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts