Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about replacing the shitty(imo) d207's on my 01 750. Actually not thinking about it im going to do it /images/icons/shocked.gif I'm leaning towards the pilot sports, maybe some of you could give your opinions. Mileage isnt an issue with me, I don't know about you all, but I'll gladly sacrifice that for the sure-footed feeling a good set of rubber gives me. On the other hand I don't want race compound tires that need to be warmed to a gazillion degrees to perform. I had a set of battlax on my f2 and loved those, but the pilots are supposed to be tha bomb. Any suggestions will be entertained /images/icons/smile.gif

Save rubber -- ride on one wheel.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've been a Pilot man for a while now. I even have 2 rears sitting in my garage waiting to be mounted/images/icons/shocked.gif. I just sold my bike too!!

Anyway, I've found the Pilot Sports to be awesome tires. Very predictable, tons o'grip and they last decently long (@3k including a hard track day). Another tire you may want to consider is the Bridgestone 010's. I have a few friends that run them and they really like them. I've never been a fan of Bridgestone but I may try them when the time comes again. Hopefully soon!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I used to be a loyal Pilot rider but after trying the new D207RR street/race compound.............Definetly<font color=yellow> DUNLOP !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm running Metzler Rennsports on my '00 7fiddy! bomb azz tires! I've run 207's, regular Metzlers, and 208GP's. I have to say that the 208's and Rennsports are the top ones. Never ran Pilots but hear good things about them! Good Hunting!

SoCal Ryder 4 Life!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys... Probably gonna get the pilots

Save rubber -- ride on one wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts