Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been told that mail order tires are junk? I was getting a price from my dealer on a new rear for my R6. When I told him I could buy it substantialy cheaper from any mail order company, he told me he would not install it because mail order tires were junk. Obviously he doesnt think it's mail order when he orders his tires from his supplier who ordered them from Dunlop. Just a reminder, don't believe everything your dealer tells you. There are some real clowns out there.

·
Registered
613 Posts
He's on crack.

Buy your tire online then take off your wheel yourself. Bring the tire and wheel to a DIFFERENT shop and ask them to mount it for you. You'll probably pay for about a half hour or so of shop time, maybe $30.00.

Life begins at 150.
http://www.teamotsr.org

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I just mail ordered 4 tires and one of them is just over a month out of production. That's the kind of junk I like.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Obviously he told you that since he knows you can get them 10 times cheaper online. Those dealers will do anything especially LIE to try and get your business! /images/icons/mad.gif

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
I hate poeple like that./images/icons/mad.gif The only time you should lie is when your trying to get a woman into bed...

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Notto, I'm/images/icons/shocked.gif
(i'll have to try that)

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I always order my tires online and install them myself. I have this fear of dealerships messing with my bike. And Nottobright is right about the time to lie. I would also like to ad getting out of a ticket as a good time to lie.

My toys

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I hate poeple like that. The only time you should lie is when your trying to get a woman into bed...

<hr></blockquote>

Funny how I am the opposite... I have to lie to get women NOT to get into bed with me /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
466 Posts
I heard nothing but great things about the Sportec M1's. That will be my next pair. You can find them at many on-line stores.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just installed sportec m-1s on 01 R6 & i think they are better than the 207s.Warm up time is much quicker & they scrub in quick as well.Who ever buys them i think they will lovw them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ihave just installed a set of sportecs on my 01 R6 & so far so good.They warm up much quicker than the dunlops & scrub in time is quicker as well. I bought them from mawonline for $238.0 shipped to my door.Who ever buys them will most likely like them better than there previous tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts