Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i change my D207s to sport touring tires will if effect my baby's handling / flickability?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Actually, you can measure the circumferance (sp) of the tires you have and then the new tires. Then adjust the suspension (raise or lower) to make up the difference and the handling will be very close to the same. However, different profile of tire will change things. Example: Go from a BT 010 to a 208GP. Huge difference.

Forgive & forget. Just never forget when I forgive.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm thinkg about pirelli dragon gts, or metzeler mz4.

i'm just looking into it so i can get more mileage out of the tires but i don't want to sacrifice handling and performance. ya nahmean?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Try Bridgestone BT10's.. I switched to them after having BT46's

<font color=red>SilverF4/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>"Respect the Wrist!!!"

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
**DEFINITELY** BT-010s if you want better mileage but don't want to give up performance. I got 5K on my last set and the current set looks likt it'll reach teh same mark.

Note: I noticed they like their pressures a bit higher than other tires - 35/37 front/rear.

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
in that new tire test in SR i mentioned yesterday, they said, "those new sportecs, at the track, snagged some HIGHER ratings than even the rennsports"...!!! and to top it off, they "showed ALMOST NO DISCERNIBLE WEAR after a 150 mile test"...!?!?! they even closed by saying, "the M1's had ABOVE AVERAGE wear after their 30 min test session"...!!!

needless to say... after first learning their postion in the metzler line up... i'm left STUNNED by how well they've performed... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts