Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any 16" rimmed race tires that are still made today??? I know the 17" rim change would be helpful; but also expensive and i have enough to do besides try to deal with that pain in the arse before race season. Still have an engine rebuild to do /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif! Get into race school, buy new plastics! I've got enough as it is :808993-banghead:.
Also, where do you guys buy your tires from; aka lowest price/ recently made? I've been searching hard but figured you guys in here knew more than me. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
I don't think Pirelli's/Metzelers or Brigestones makes 16" race tires. You can get Michelin Sport Pilots that can be raced but are not their best tire. Never ran Michelins so I don't know.
These guys may be local to you and can order the tires if they don't have them on hand cyclegear.com

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up :smile:. I'm still looking, since i didn't see any michilins that'll fit. God I wish i had taken the extra week in abilene,tx @ Kent's moto shop when the asked me if i wanted a 17" set of ninja rims some guy ordered and didn't pick up. And to think they were gonna do ALL work for only $480 or so :808908-wtf: :waytogo:. I miss having friends at motoshops :bow:! think I'm going to have to get head deep to find some good rubber or get lapped. I may just have to start calling dunlop/ michilin and start beotching :flame:!lol, prob won't get me far,but i'll feel better. I don't think I'm gonna make the whole race season since i still have to get into school and get license; but the struggle continues :waytogo:! At least on Jan 15th when I get paid/ I'm suppost to start the engine teardown/ rebuild; I get a 3 day weekend off :808922-fiddy:!!! I'll let you guys know what i find out in the interest of the greater good. Later all and thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I found some Dunlop D205's that will fit front and back. by the way it's now a 4 day weekend and they're calling for nothing but sun and upper 50's this weekend!! :waytogo:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts