Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to do what, apparently, alot of you are doing, that is saving money via mail order/online tires. I posted a query about this a few days ago and it seems many of you mount the tires yourself. This seems over my head. Does anyone know a good web site where I can get step by step instructions, preferably with pictures?

Thanks,

I'm not trying to hang off, I'm trying to hang ON!
See you on the inside of the turn.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll check out both sources.

<font color=green>I'm not trying to hang off, I'm trying to hang ON!</font color=green>/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
938 Posts
I just changed 2 sets of tires a few weeks ago zx9R & zx12r. I followed a very good procedure that I found during one of my searches. It worked out well, and with some help from a friend it wasn't too hard. The first tire I did took almost 3 1/2 hours. The rest got faster & faster. I did the rear on a zx9R by myself in under 2 hours. I also just made a wheel balancer so I wouldn't have to deal with the dealer about balancing. If you want the procedure email me and I'll send it to you it's in html format with pictures. Just like lots of people here I wanted to do it for 3 main reasons. 1. savings $$ on tires & service 2. Didn't want to drop off the bike and wait a week for it 3. It's nice to be able to do it myself, since I always go over everything when it returns from the dealer anyway.

Riding always makes me -->/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts