Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to purchase a full race exhaust for my 2001 GSXR600.
Unfortunately I don't know which one to get. I want horsepower most of all, then I want looks, then I want sound. I thought about getting a Yoshimura system, but I don't know what kind.
Or should I just save my money and trade my bike in for a 750 or 1000????

'I wanna race.. who wants to sponsor me??'

·
Registered
793 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Or should I just save my money and trade my bike in for a 750 or 1000????

<hr></blockquote>

Vampry, how many Hp are you looking for?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm in the same boat you are.....I guess the key element is money........If you want a full system or slip on you're looking at anywhere from $500-2000. I'm goin nuts...........Too many choices /images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
vampyr...you just started riding and now you're mentioning a 750 or 1000. Slow down bro.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
A full system only adds a few more HP (if any) over a slip-on...especially on a 600. Save your money and just get a slip-on. If you get a Yosh, make sure you get a race only/images/icons/wink.gif.

PS: With the saved money you could buy a PowerCommander/images/icons/smile.gif!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
get a akra full and a fuel nanny. my sponsor took off my power11 and my yosh, after i told him not too. he said if i was not happy he would change it back. well after the next race weekend i was convinced. also put a TRE on and you will really feel the diff.

Ex Heavy metallor turns 2K GSXR 750 for kicks now.

·
Registered
823 Posts
What's a "TRE"????? Which Akra..........The Evolution or the Supersport ??????

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
The TRE is a Timing Retard Eliminator, it tricks the ECM into thinking the bike is in 5th gear since the first 3 gears have the timing retarded to reduce wheelies. On the 1000 it also eliminates the top speed limiter. BUT, this is not an issue on the 600 since the 600 doesnt retard the timing

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would look into a Hindle pipe. 4&6 racing out of Chicago dynoed a Yoshimura duplex race (about $800-900) and a Hindle (about $550) and the Hindle made more power. I use the Hindle and have zero complaints. The Akrapovich is a nice system, beautiful welds but they're about $1100. Just my two cents.

"when in doubt......upshift!"

·
Registered
678 Posts
If anyone is interested in a Ti Force exhaust please get in touch with me and I can get you a pretty good deal.

[email protected]

I am probably a lot faster than you think you are!!!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I want horsepower most of all

<hr></blockquote>

Akrapovic

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the Yoshimura carbon fiber tri oval on my 00 750 and love both the look and the sound. IMO get a slip on and then get a power commander or techlusion fuel nanny.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You can make your own TRE if you are comfortable doing a little soldering, i made a switchable version that allows me to turn the TRE on and Off. I used about $5.00 in parts and it works great. I will try to find the directions for you if you would like.
I have a GSXR600 and it smoothed out the throttle in gears 1-3 when the RPM's are down low.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts