1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well...this is just my opinion mind you...quality wise I would go with Sidi, but I have no idea on those "type of boots". Price wise I'm pretty sure Joe Rockets must be less expensive and I favor them because of the fact that they go up higher on your leg wich should give you better ankle support in case of a "oups". I'm getting mself some Joe Rocket Speedmaster boots this weekend (more a race type boot)...of course I would rather Sidi's but money wise I'm going Joe Rocket.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
I was wearing a pair of the Sidi Motosport boots when I had an accident at roughly 40-50 mph. The bike slid but I tumbled like a carpet being rolled out and the boots did well. The toes on the boots got scuffed up and some minor abrasions in other areas but nothing that would prevent you from wearing them again. I'd buy them again if I was looking for a casual boot.

·
Registered
117 Posts
what about a casual boot that goes a little higher.
anyone have something like that?

Fil
98 Honda VTR1000
SuperHawk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for the info...

I was going more towards the Sidi Motosports myself, since they look more comfortable to walk in. But as John said, they're not as high in the ankle protection. However, the Sidi's did surpass a crash test. Now I'm stuck at the crossroads again. Both are about $120.00..

Decisions, Decisions....

Scooter Power!!!

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Re: Thoughts on JoeRocketReactorBoot or Sidi Motos

If you order sidi boots order from cycle-ologist [US] or dexdirect [UK] I know the UK has better prices and im sure cycleologist has competitive prices too. Im about to order some vertebra race boots.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Biker, unless you are looking for a boot that resembles a dress loafer for a business setting /images/icons/wink.gif you might want to spend the extra money and just get a full boot. If you don't want the flashy heels and stuff you could always look at the Strada or Vertebra II. These boots will allow jeans to be pulled over them allowing only the SIDI stamp on the heal to be seen (well that and the toe sliders /images/icons/smile.gif). I own the Vertebra Race boots and find them very comfortable to walk around in.

Or are you looking for a second boot for casual use and already have a boot for sport riding?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts

How much did you pay for the vertebra race boots and where did you buy them from?

<font color=red>Ride Red</font color=red>

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

I paid $290 for them at a local dealership. When I did the conversions on the boots at DexDirect it appeared that they were going to cost me about $270ish so I ask the shop to come close to it. They are fantastic boots, definately worth the extra money to get the braces on the sides and help protect your ankles more.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts

yes they look extremely functional compared to the ones with less brace. Im not a great rider but i dont want any regrets.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

Are you getting a pair for yourself? Just know that they squeak ALOT! LOL I hear people say that you can use some silicon (?) spray to prevent it; instead I picture I'm a cowboy with spurs. LOL /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

I would look into the Sidi vert's or the Alpine Stars SMX. both are great boots!

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
3,878 Posts

LoL.. yeah im going to buy a pair.. for under $300 you cant beat that. If i dont get those i will be getting the SMX boots. Hopefully my bike will overcome the mice in the boots. Or else the wind from the helmet will. /images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts