Sportbike Racing Forum banner

This or that??

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  scbaumann 
#1 ·
I'm trying to decide between getting some Sky King frame sliders for my RS, or one of those nice sport-touring windscreens from Zero-gravity. I do more sport touring riding than anything else, but plan on doing a track day sometime soon. The sliders seem like a more worthwhile investment as they might save me some cash if any mishaps occur. Any thoughts on either of these products??

See less See more
#3 ·
I was looking at the sliders on the Skyking site yesterday. Nice pieces! I was wondering how well the left one would fit around the coolant hose that runs in front of the engine mount. Let us know how it works out for you.

Nugget'01 Sprint RS

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching me!

#7 ·
I recommed frame sliders first, they pay for themselves in a fall. I just got the Sport-Tour Zerogravity screen. I only have about 50 miles with it, so no real opinion yet. It is quite large and goofs up the lines of your bike a little. But it is for function, not form. Take a look at the double bubble as well, my friend has one on his Daytona.

Triumph Sprint ST

#10 ·
I just installed my Sky King sliders (black) yesterday. It was a pain in the butt, but that was because I didn't exactly have the right tools. Trying to reach in there to hold the nut while breaking the bolt loose is not easy. However, the Sky King product seems to be great! They fit well, and look nice. My wife said that they look like they should be there, which is definitely a compliment!

As for screens, I'd rather have a double bubble than the touring screen. The wind right now hits me in the helmet, the DB would probably be the perfect solution for me. Only problem is that ZG doesn't list the DB for the Sprint RS!!! Anybody know of any screens that I should check out? The ZG touring one looks to be huge.

Umm....bye.

#12 ·
I also got the Skyking frame sliders on my bike and yes they can be hard to put on by yourself. It's really a lot easier with 2 people doing it. I'm really lucky I got them because my bike fell over and I only got two 1 inch long scratches on my left fairing and broke 1/2" off of my Attack rear set, they don't fold. Not to bad for falling off the kick stand onto concrete.

#13 ·
I've got the ZG sport touring screen. As with everything in life, it's a compromise. Yeah, it looks a little big, but after 8 hours in the saddle, it makes up for it's size. Some people have noted they like the DB better 'cause it does give you more wind blast and that takes some weight off the wrists. I say just hit the gym more. I agree that you should get the sliders first. I just ordered mine. Wish I had them when I dropped my bike from stand still. Just the RS left fairing panel is $350.

#17 ·
Heh...funny thing happened. I must have been lacking sleep on Sunday when I installed my sliders...... I was rolling down the highway today (first time I've ridden with them on), and I noticed a rattling noise! Whats that noise, it's freaking me out! I looked down and my right side frame slider was sticking out about 2 inches, I reached down just in time for it to fall off my bike into my waiting hand! FYI, it's not easy to ride a bike holding a frameslider in one hand. I had forgotten to torque the plastic (or whatever it is) slider to the mounting. I had assumed that it was already tightened down, but it definitely wasn't! Oh well, my bad...no harm to foul :)

Regards,
scbaumann

Umm....bye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.