Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up folks???

I was (and still am) planning on getting the 02 R1 next week and what happens???

I get a call from MD state police and they tell me they have my stolen engine in someone's stolen frame.

Some guy brought into a Pennsylvania salvage yard and soon found out he had purchased and wrecked a stolen bike.

I hope my engine is ok, becuz i will be turning into a track bike over the course of this year.

Ill have more details about this story later.

looks like the 2002 R1 for me

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
not the worst news to find out i must say....strap that bad mama jamma into a gokart frame and go to town! haha....kidding, you'll have a haulin ass trackbike for sure;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, it was stolen in November and I only had liability so there is no money, other than what i've been saving for the 02.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
ok then having liab only sucks...i have liab only but that's only cause my bike was 3500 and fookers wanted 2k a year to insure it full...sucks bein 19, i'll take my risks with liab...i feel naked with it, but it'll do for now, when i get a new ride, i'll have full though....too expensive to mess around when that happens.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same story here, I'm 20 now but they wanted over 10 grand (progressive) for full coverage. I think I'm going to put my truck under State farm that way i'll get full coverage for under 1 grand.

G

·
Glad to hear they found atleast part of your bike Chaz. Any other parts been found?

Deffinately go with State Farm. I don't know what your record is like, but they've been great for me. $300/year on my R6. Granted it's only 600cc and I'm over 25 years old, but that's still a great price. And I think State Farm doesn't care what type of bike it is, just how many cc's (good news for R1 owners).

Looking forward to seeing you back out on the streets soon! Silly question... black or blue R1?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what's up Mary.

So far they've only found the engine. I'm still waiting for some more info from the police.

And i think i'm going with the blue one. Ive seen all three colors and i think blue looks better all around.

See ya soon!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually im going to try to buy the stolen frame from the original owner. What's a good asking price???
And if that doesn't work then i might have:

9-10 sec quarter mile times in a go-kart

Or even better, a go-kart smashing those sudooki's at the strip and on the track.

Isn't it true that shifter-karts do similar lap times as the 500gp bikes???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts