Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Re: These Peeps are gettin\' their \'05 636s

He he he...

Ya, the dealers all have 'em in the showrooms here now on the east coast, 2005 ZX6R and ZX10R, but I have to admit, I still like the '04 6R better....dunno why. The 10 is as beautiful as ever, although that new red is weird to look at....LOL.

Cheers,

·
Registered
199 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean East Coast of Canada or America?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, thats Canada I'm referring to.

[ QUOTE ]
question though... could someone explain the gas tank to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

The tank looks split because it is split, and only half of what you see is the metal fuel tank, the front part is a plastic cover over the air intake.

Rem

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

They have 2 at the Ottawa Gootime Centre... Blue and Silver... No Red :bawling: Can't see what mine will look like yet... but the Red 10R is just behind it... Man the fit and finish is very nice...

·
Registered
31 Posts

One of the first 05's just arrived in Florida today down in Ft. Myers. Ran over to take a look at it and I was damn impressed. I'm a lifelong Yamaha guy with a few MV's and Aprilia's thrown in for good measure but I definitely like the 636 and I may add one in the titanium color soon! If you're interested in this blue 05, it's at West Coast motorsports in Ft. Myers. Talk to Mike at 239-595-6693. I don't have any association with them, just interested in the Ti and not the blue! Bike felt very light in the saddle, moreso than the new R6 or an 04 R6. More comfy for me too (6'3" 220lbs.). here's a few pics...

·
Registered
5,992 Posts

Stopped in to the local dealer today. Three 05's on the floor - Blue 6R, black 12R and a 10R in V8. :laugh:

I think the 10R's color looks better in person.

Any word on selling prices? The 6R had a tag of $7599, plus tax, so somewhere in the neighborhood of $8200 OTD, before haggling.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts

I'm sure they'd want the freight charge as well, but this particular dealer knocks about $1K off the sticker (10R was tagged at $9699). After adding tax & freight, you're looking at somewhere around sticker price OTD.

Now, I've never bought a bike from them, so that may be some "special" price tied up in a Kawi financing deal. I may be able to clarify in a couple of months! :wink:

·
Registered
442 Posts

yeah Paintball, where! lol buy the friggin' thing so we can go ride.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts