Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha Kin,

Damn I love this R1 (silver) I got it today after what seemed like hell to go through. Misplaced my wallet and bank would not release cash to me for my bike. Which I can understand and am thankful, but dammit I need my money. So I called over to tifey andpromised her Sushi tomorrow for lunch so wifey drove down and used her ID and got me my money. (Mental note make sure when out riding to be able to meet her for lunch)

Went to dealership and guys were super cool, even hooked me up with the YES plan for nada. And to top it all off they through in a hat which I am pretty much stoked about.

First impressions, This bike garmers ALOT of attention. Man I had two couples, one in a S500 stop and almost hit the car in front of them so the wife could get a full on view of my bike. They talked to me and asked me how I liked it and I was all smiles. Second car was a Lexus and the owner said he owns a Gixxer but after seeing my R1 he may have to switch churches. I may have converted one to the Dark Side folks.

Initial Ride: Damn these pegs are high. Can't wait to feel the tightness after surgery. No buzz in the bars whatsoever. Only complaint which is going to be remedied is the pipe is WAY to quiet. And oh yeah this clutch is really light and you actually have to give it so revs to engage, unlike some other bikes not to be mentioned for fear of retaliation.

Only put in 15 miles but I love it and can't wait to put some more on it.

~Andy

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
You going to make the saturday moring ride. w/ your new baby?/images/icons/smile.gif
Congrats, BTW!!! /images/icons/smile.gif

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Yeah - Congrats!!! Can I come on Sat. Too ????
How 'bout I come down tomorrow, start ridin' it tomorrow ?!?!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Congrats on the bike. You're right about the attention it gets. I thought this guy in a suped-up Civic speed up to me wanting to race, but he only wanted to give me a thumbs up for the bike /images/icons/smile.gif.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where is everyone meeting up on Saturday? Clutch takes some getting use to. Seat is nice, and wifey is curious about the pillion pad. Have obly ridden solo so far and damn it is nice. Rather quiet if you ask me.

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Whoa Andy, I've been off the Yamaha board for a while, and missed her arrival! Congrats, bro! We'll have to get our silver babies together for a ride soon.

Have fun, and watch out for people almost running into you B/C they're staring at your bike! Oh wait, I see that almost happened already...

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks BRB, and by the way how are you feeling?

Ok I know I have a lil over 100 miles on Pandora, but this stock can has got to go. I am looking to put a Blue Flame on her, do I have to get a PC3 as well? What is the added benefit or rather the detriment if I do not include a PC3 when upgrading the exhaust?

Thanks in advance guys...
~A

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I know what you mean about the stock can. Since I scraped mine up, and Yamaha wants like $1200 for a new one (aahhahahahaha!!!) I am now completely justified in getting an aftermarket. Currently looking at Akrapovic, Devil, and Black Widow Venom (go to http://www.bwracing.com. You need to see/hear this slip-on!)

I can only speak from my 929 experience, but when I put the Erion can on, the bike was rough below 3 grand, and the FI brain started running the mixture super rich. I would say that a PCIII isn't necessary (at least not immediately), but you'll want to get one eventually to smooth things out and optimize performance. Dan Kyle has them for the R1 at $249.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts