Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts
Re: The road to the \"forever\" pet?

One way you can look at it is she is financing the progress of science. But I don't really see it that way.

I'm sure her local shelter has hundreds of adorable kittens and cats, most of which would have made a loving companion, especially at meal time. Then she could have taken the $50k and donated $10k to the shelter, bought me a new bike, and spent the rest on a shrink. Everyone would benefit.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts

Yeah, I saw that story the other day. What an idiotic thing to do....$50,000 to get the same cat :smirk:. It's not like they do much of anything...I have one...they eat and sleep. How can you not just save another cat at a shelter or buy a new kitten, and like was said, donate some money if you want to feel all good. :crazy:

The story I read also said they still are trying to do dogs, which evidently have not been as "easy" due to ovulation irregularities and some other differences. I can see more interest in somebody wanting their dog back, but still....plus the charge for a dog will be $100,000 per that story.

I just know some f#cked up group is gonna translate this into a cloned human and we'll have ANOTHER f#cked up societal issue to deal with :flame:. We'll have cloned humans born into this world who didn't ask to be born this way, subjected to intense media scrutiny from Day 1, and indebted into a world of freaks. And we think Michael Jackson is weird... :808919-icon_police:

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts

OMG... life imitates art... it's an actual "RE-PET" service as depicted in the Schwarzenegger movie "6th day"...!!! :help: gotta give 'em props on that name though... "Genetic Savings & Clone". that's pretty clever. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.