Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw on verdict for the Stillwater Minnesota kid that got caught doing 200+mph via the popo in the sky.

He got 1 hour of community service time for every mph over the speed limit(total of 200 hours) and 6 months probation.

Now, on a side note, I spoke to the guys at Hitman Motorsports several months ago (the guys who did the Dyno on his bike) and they just laughed.
They did a top speed Dyno run with his bike and it was somewhere in the 160-mph range. I can't recall the exact number but, to my suprise it was lower than I had expected.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
He only paid like a $125 fine , man ive paid a lot more for a lot less, but i havt don community service yet

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Part of it may have been that the popo was trying to save face.
Remember that the kid didn't have a license. Not sure about insurance.

I was caught riding motorcycle in highschool (back in the 80's) w/o indorsements/insurance and proper eye protection. I got a day in court and a $50.00 fine.

·
aprilia junkie
16,379 Posts
1 hour of community service for every mile over the speed limit.

a total of 200 hours.

let's see... take 200... carry the one....

my equations say he was going 200 miles an hour, and 200 miles over the speed limit.

The speed limit in that part of town is ZERO? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif :rolling: :tongue:

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:

a total of 200 hours.

my equations say he was going 200 miles an hour, and 200 miles over the speed limit.

The speed limit in that part of town is ZERO? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif :rolling: :tongue:

[/ QUOTE ]

Bahahaha..... ZOEY GOT

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:

a total of 200 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was nailed or 205 in a stock RC51.
A lot doesn't add up.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
I think that's not too bad- public service for speeding.

That way you can speed and do something good for the community (if you get caught). I mean, speeding doesn't hurt anyone (except yourself maybe?), unlike reckless driving.

That's a real christmas idea. :waytogo:

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
BallUdc said:
does he get to keep his drivers license???

-dc

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a little more detail here. All they mention is that he was charged with no motorcycle license. If he had a car license it looks like he got to keep it.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:

a total of 200 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]Wasnt he actually ticketed for 205 , ads up now , kinda , i think the speedlimit was highter than 5 on the freeway

·
Registered
973 Posts
i for one am happy he got off.he deserved more than he got but the fact remains there was no way he was going 205! so many well respected members of the motorcycle world stepped up and said there is no way that bike will do that and we will prove it to you if needed.that is what saved his ass.
he owes alot of people thank you letters,cycle world should be top of the list,they were the first ones i saw step up :applause:
i would have argued that the bike olny tops 160 and that should be my hours not 205. that was there defense,the fact the bike will not go 205.but what the court was giveing him was a gift,his lawyer said take it your lucky.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
got off? How is 200 hours of community service getting off? Where I am at community service means roadside litter duty or some other job like that. The kid should have gotten off scott free IMO. It's the police officers job to prove his case against the violator and in this instance, the cop couldn't prove that the kid was doing the speed the officer charged him with. The motorcycling community banded together in denouncing the crime because the bike in question couldn't possibly attain the speeds the police claimed but no one stepped up and offered him any legal advice. That is a shame because any half decent attorney could have(should have?) had this case dismissed without prejudice.

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts
Don't they have lawyers in Minnesota? Is there some law there that states people accused of a crime are not allowed to hire lawyers? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If I make the decision to ride at supersonic speed and get caught, I don't expect anyone else to pay my legal bills. Why is this guy different?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
yes that sucks,

the fact is the cops were wrong. was the guy speeding, almost certainly, were the cops wrong at determining the speed obviously. there is no way this guy should have had anything against him. it should of been dropped. the cops were not competent enough to do their job therefore the kid should not be held acountable for their mistakes. i dont know how this held up, its a joke with the system.

send them back to school, obvioulsy they need some more work at what they do :help:

if every job let people make such mistakes and let them get away with it, and back them at that, then the world is in big trouble.

lol, kind of a weird and dumb comparison, but its like going to the store and buying something and finding out they charged you for something else more expensive and when you brought it to their attention they still charge you for the more expensive item. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifor going to the hospital and having surgery on the wrong part of your body and finding out, only to have them say, well you still needed surgery. :808876-nono: :lol: ok, maybe not but oh well. :bird:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.