1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOUTHAFRICA GRAND PRIX
WELKOM 19TH APRIL 2002
PRACTICE MOTOGP

After Japan, we are in South Africa, precisely in Welkom. The track is rather slippery, full of holes and located at an altitude of 1350 meters above sea level, thus causing several complications for the engine. For Tetsuya Harada, the main problem are the holes on the track that do not allow him to drive in a “clean” and “proper” way therefore not able to give his best.

Compared to Suzuka, Tetsuya is more confident with his bike.

Tetsuya Harada (Honda NSR 500) 14° in 1’37”218

“My major problem is the set up of the suspensions of the bike, both anterior and posterior. There are too many holes and I have the impression that the bike is “jumping” making it very difficult to control. I am very optimistic and confident compared to the last race in Suzuka because both the bike and myself are doing better. The progress that we are making is not so huge, but I feel more confident on on my NSR and this makes me feel better.”

<font color=red>Live it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Ride it</font color=red> <font color=blue>></font color=blue> <font color=red>Race it</font color=red>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts