Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Target, Walmart competitor; has lost my business. Just found out that Target is not allowing the Salvation Army, one of the very few worthwhile charities, imo; to be outside their stores this christmas. If a store can't at least allow a good organization to be outside their store, then that store doesn't need my business either.

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts
Now for the rest of the story. Target claims to give over $50 million a year to a variety of charities. Other major retail chains also don't allow the Salvation Army to solicit their customers, including Meijer, Home Depot, Toys R Us, Kohl's, Best Buy, and Circuit City.

I'll continue to shop based on product, price, and service. And if I feel the need to donate to the Salvation Army or any other charity, I can still do so, any time of the year.

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
I shop at target cause I like the store and thier prices are better than most other places. plus the place is much less poor poeple than other stores. I hate poor people, they are creepy.

Plus I hate bell ringers and any place that lets them stand in front and try to guilt people into giving money.

Target is going to be making extra money of me this year.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
Now for the rest of the story. Target claims to give over $50 million a year to a variety of charities. Other major retail chains also don't allow the Salvation Army to solicit their customers, including Meijer, Home Depot, Toys R Us, Kohl's, Best Buy, and Circuit City.

I'll continue to shop based on product, price, and service. And if I feel the need to donate to the Salvation Army or any other charity, I can still do so, any time of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. The simple fact is that Target has a "no solicitation" policy which they are, obviously and rightfully, applying objectively and unilaterally.

Among their numerous charitible endeavours this past year was their support of breast cancer research/treatment by making monetary contributions based upon laps completed/laps led by the NASCAR Cup car they sponsor. The promotion to increase public awareness and support included re-doing the car's graphics--including all of Target's logos, etc.--in <font color="pink">pink</font> . IMO, given the (over)importance of marketing image, the "macho" tone of NASCAR, and the fact that sponsors pay millions to be identified with the "sport"--not to mention the initial jokes and smirks--it demonstrated a notable commitment to the cause, in both monetary support and in terms of their public image.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I couldnt care less if Target doesnt want those bell ringers harassing their customers. Even though I do give the Salvation Army clothes and change sometimes. Just because its charity does give them the right to go and beg anywhere they want. BAHHUMBUG!!! /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts