Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an LP 1/2 tank bra on my bike from the time I bought it until last week. Finally got tired of it sliding around on me.

What is everyone else using for tank protectors? I like the look of the LP custom-fit carbon protector..Anyone else have one? Any other recommendations?

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the tank bra left a SMALL scuffed area in the paint. Dead center, about 2" wide, and 2" long. So I want to find something that will cover that part. It's not bad, you don't really see it unless you're looking for it. But I don't think a clear protector would be ideal..I WILL have one on my next bike though..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Presumably, the scuffed area is just dull and not through the colour in which case you could probably polish it out with some mildly abrasive colour restorer (T-Cut in the UK). Then you could fit whichever protector you wanted.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have a carbon-fiber one. I like it. It covers a good area and looks like new after almost two years. The only problem with it is that is just as slippery as the bare tank. I kind of like to have a little traction against the tank when hanging off a bit.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, thanks for the input guys..I ordered the LP custom carbon fiber one..I'll post some pics and such when it gets in...

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the protector today and installed it.. I think it looks pretty damn good../images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$36...not a bad deal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts