Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing a tail light integrator kit and I have one small problem. If I am signalling and apply the brake the bulb flashes twice as fast. Is this a common seeing as how the power to the bulb is increased or is my kit faulty? Thanks for any info.

Gunite

·
Registered
355 Posts
Probably not faulty, I had the same problem when I changed my front turn signal and my right side would go warp speed and couldn't figure the damn thing out. Finally the third time I [email protected]#ked with it, they started working right, so chances are your wiring is just wrong. Just keep fiddling with the wire connections.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I think it is fairly common on the intergrator kits. I know of a few that have had this problem. I have one at home waiting to be installed so hopefully I get one of the "good" ones.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
It has to do with the resistance, some people actually wire resistors in to correct the problem...

When I integrated my tail/turn lights on my last bike, they also blinked fast... but after I installed the LP IV cateye flushies in front, the blinking went back to a normal flash rate... I did no other modifications.

BTW, I've heard that that's what happens when you use a trailer light integrator from pepboys/autozone, etc... that if you use an integrator made specifically for motorcycles, those actually draw less power than the ones for trailers.... maybe that's why they cost about $40 bucks more?

M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts