Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called my buddy in Cali about a month ago to let him know that I'd be making it to Vegas for the New Years bash and wanted to know if he'd be around. He called me last night and asked what my plans were. When I finished he said well that sounds like a good time, too bad you wont be doing any of that. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

He then proceeded to tell me, I've got two nights on top the Bellagio in a suite, food, drinks and dancers included. Damn it, and I had tickets to the Blue Man Group :rolling:

·
eShoelessTVwatcher
10,430 Posts
Lucky, I would love to stay in the Bellagio. But give me a ring while your here, I would love to meet you. I have New Years Eve day off.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I also have New Years off...and, I'd LOVE to meet you guys and the dancers. If you have room for 1 Tramp, I'll be there...

EDIT: BTW, I won't need a place to crash. I have a house in Vegas and I'm moving in NEXT WEEK!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just moved here last month, The Bellagio is really nice! Have a great time!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks XDUC, I think I'll have a great time. For one just being there and two, seeing my buddies over the break.

:808918-ot: but, I've always wondered about when people say they've moved to Vegas, where are all the houses compared to the strip? It's hard to know where you're at when you've only been to the strip.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well, I can t speak for anyone else, but I live 7 miles from the strip in Henderson...and work 2 minutes from the strip in Vegas. Houses are plentiful, but EXPENSIVE!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Why is that? Don't get me wrong, cause I love Vegas (married at the Bellagio and heading out on the 27th), but why is housing so damn expensive? It's not like there's a shortage of land out there.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Gruneum...it's the old "supply and demand" issue. I wondered to my mom, who lives out there, the same thing. She said the population growth is way faster than they're building. There have been a bunch of developments that sprung up, but the huge demand has caused new pricing to rise and lift all the older homes, too. I never would've thought the Nevada desert would see a significant real estate boom. :shocked:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
XDUCRACER said:
Well, I can t speak for anyone else, but I live 7 miles from the strip in Henderson...and work 2 minutes from the strip in Vegas. Houses are plentiful, but EXPENSIVE!

[/ QUOTE ]

What is expensive? I live in LA and housing here is bonkers!?!?! Friend just bought a 1200 square foot house 2 bedroom 2 bath for $525,000.

·
Registered
402 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Gruneun said:
Why is that? Don't get me wrong, cause I love Vegas (married at the Bellagio and heading out on the 27th), but why is housing so damn expensive? It's not like there's a shortage of land out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still trying to figure that one out myself...the old supply and demand I would suspect though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[ QUOTE ]
qqqqqqqman said:
C'mon guys....we're tryin' to get the food/drink/women hook up from borg @Bellagio, get back to the subject at hand :808919-icon_police::grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

:lol2: Never hurts to be honest. Can't make any promises cuz I didn't throw down the money for the room. However, I'm all down for meeting up with anyone while I'm there. Oh and I'm only staying one night at the Bellagio, the other nights will be at some cheap place that my other buddy got for us.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
XDUCRACER said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gruneun said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still trying to figure that one out myself...the old supply and demand I would suspect though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Freaking Californians came in and raised the housing prices!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.