Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What modifications can I do to my new beauty? I want to lose the large fender and signals. I would also like more sound. What brand of slip-on is best? Is there a company that makes an undertail for my bike?

Enjoy life, stop your bitchin'!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Bob815 has a Micron on his SV. Just heard it today and it sounded great. We've got an SV at the store with a Yosh tri-oval and it sounds pretty damn mean to/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
there are soooooo many parts out there for the SVS and SV it's not even funny. i'm customising my SV out completely. i've attached a pic of the undertray i got that lost the fender and large turn signals. i got it from free street designs in france. i also custom made my slip on pipe from a micron built for a cbr1100xx blackbird. the pipe thing is all about what you want. really loud sound? muted sound? more horsepower? private message me for more information.

-Amy B.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I can get you some aftermarket rearsets for a good price, if you want to take some weight off and raise the foot position so you don't scrape your pegs. Just let me know. [email protected]

I am probably a lot faster than you think you are!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Check out www.holeshot.com He's got slip-ons, full systems, fender eliminators, flush mount blinkers and other parts for the SV(S). I just purchased a hi-mount slip-on and fender eliminator. Also check out www.svrider.com if you haven't already.

PolarPC

Ride hard or go home!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nice to see some fellow SV'ers on this site. Love my bike, but you're right, LilBikeHoe, the stock fender/signals/mirrors are fugly. Actually, the mirrors are fine on the 'S', but on the naked model (mine), they stick out like members of the Mickey Mouse Club.

And I agree, SVrider.com is a GREAT resource for SV's.

PolarPC, what do you think of Holeshot's products? This is the second time I've heard of them. I'm especially curious about the flush mounted blinkers and the high-mount slip on.

* Eat your veggies, abstain from alcohol, drive a cage…die anyway. *

·
Registered
212 Posts
mthomasp....I noticed a lot of recommendations for the Holeshot pipe on svrider.com. Plus Dale Walker posts on there and answers any questions. Pretty customer oriented. Well, I finished installing the exhaust and shimming the carb needles this afternoon. Started the bike up and it sounds sweet. Can't wait to open it up on the freeway. Slip-on install is pretty easy. Looks like good quality. I still have to finish the flush-mount blinkers and then I'm all done. The fender eliminator looks pretty good. (I think anything other than the stock fender would look good.) I'll try to post some pics as soon as I get everything finished.

PolarPC

Ride hard or go home!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts