Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone here has any experience or even has this kit for the SV650.

http://www.sharkskinz.com/suzuki/SV650/SV650PICS.HTML <-can someone make that hyperlink work for me. (done IRR)

I know its for race only but I was thinking you could easily put lights on it, I want to make this a track bike anyways, with the occasional street outing.

Well if anyone has any experience with this kit could you tell me if its difficult to install. It says I'd need to get a new gauges and a set of clip-ons, but other than that how hard is th body to put on.

oh yeah...and how difficult are aftermarket er...race gauges, to install.

Thanks

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
Wow, you gotta drill holes in the frame for the brackets, that kinda sux.
I haven't seen that kit before but sharkskinz make great products. If you are mechanically inclined and can read a scale I say no problem. If not pay to have someone install it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you,

alan, when was the last time you checked that site, cus my computer keeps coming up 'cannot find server'. That bike looks awesome though.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Sad to say that it has been a long time since I've checked that site.

You may be able to ask the administrator of SV650.org, or the fellows in the forum, on whereabouts you can find the How-to.

It's pretty straight foreward, though. You need to purchase some lights, cut the whole, fabricate some housings and brackets, as well as the clear lens', then paint.

If you took the bike to a car body shop they could probably do most or all of that for your (for a price, of course.)

~alan

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thats the only thing I worried about, cus the kit is pretty expensive itself , and to put it all together and paint it my be just alittle too much to spend, for me.

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
alanheng that looks really nice. Are the rims painted?

It's not too hard to install. If you're paying a shop to paint it, they won't charge you much at all to install it as well.

Here's my sharkskins. It's plain now, I'll have logo's and such in a week or two.

Gravity is a cruel mistress.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WFO....what model SV did you start out with? Was it the SV650 or SV650s ?

Looks nice. Also do you ever ride it on the street? I was just wondering cus I'd want to take it out for the occasional ride in the twisties, I'm figuring I'd have to put some lights and signals but I don't think that'd be too much harder.

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
Straight SV. I don't think it makes a difference on mounting aftermarket plastic.

I know someone makes identical plastic with headlight, turn signal mounts already there. It might even be sharkskins. I can't remember.

This one has headlights and a license plate mount built in.

Gravity is a cruel mistress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts