Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
thats cool./images/icons/cool.gifI watched some motard racing at the AMA races yesterday.If you wanna see some serious backing it in watch a motard race.
I bet you could kick some ass in the tight twisties with that thing.

<font color=red>Whatcha doin?</font color=red> Chewin Chocolate<font color=red>Where'd you get it?</font color=red>doggie dropped it

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
what is a supermotard?

i went to a trackday last summer and one of those KICKED MY ASS everywhere (except the straights /images/icons/smile.gif where all that work in the twisties had to be re-done on the next lap) (actually, i'm not that much of an a$$. i let him, and 20 other bikes, pass /images/icons/wink.gif )

i thought it was a dirt bike with slicks. i thought the opposite leaning in the corners was kinda cool.

<font color=red>Love</font color=red> <font color=blue>Peace</font color=blue> <font color=green>Happiness</font color=green> <font color=purple>Ride</font color=purple>

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
u lucky dog!! i've been trying to talk my hubby into lettin me do the same thing to my DR350. he wasn't crazy about the idea. i bet it'll be a hoot on the street. i know i took my DR through deal's gap one night, with knobbies, and i SWEAR i was going faster thru there than with my streetbike.

nice. very nice!! /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You shure can be a lot faster on certain twisties,but the main word is "FUN" all the time : )))

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
maybe that's what i'll do for my next bike. i was lookin at 1 liter duc eaters, but a dr650 supermotard sounds better. did you do the work yourself? if so, how hard/expensive if ya dont mind me asking... DR650s can be found so cheap used...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes her93,
I did It myself,but needed some help on building new rear axle and sprocket,as well as adapting bearings on the front,but It´s not a very hard job.
I´ve spent about 25% of the bike´s value,taking mostly used parts.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
i think this might be the perfect thread for this bit o' humor... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts