Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at upgrading the stock suspension on my '01 ZX9R and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. For the front end I'm looking at companies such as Race Tech, Traxxion Dynamics, Petersen Pro Suspension and Lindemann Engineering. Any help in differentiating among these would be appreciated, or have you any plus or minus feedback on any one of these companies?

For the rear shock, I'm considering Penske or Fox, but am also considering the less expensive alternative of doing a rebuild upgrade such as that performed by Race Tech. Admittedly a Race Tech upgrade to the shock is not as good as a quality aftermarket unit, but is much less expensive and my understanding is it would still be way better than stock. Can anyone provide feedback? Thanx in advance for any advise.

See you on the inside of the turn.

·
Registered
30 Posts
As I'm sure you're aware, Traxxion Dynamics and Lindeman Engineering set up the suspension for about every roadracer out there. I'm sure that either one would meet your needs. Last I checked Traxxion was getting around $425 for a front end revalving, money well spent.

As for the rear, the Penske is a really nice piece. The 8981 or 8986 should be able to handle anything that you can throw at them. Don't rule out Ohlins either. They've just dropped their retail pricing by 10% across the board. It takes a little of the sting out of buying an Ohlins shock.

AMA Member #701029

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wyatt,
If your consedering cost then I would highly recommend Race Tech. They are located down your way.They built the suspension for my old ZX9 and my RM250 They due great work and stand behind it!!! plus if you need your oil changed they train multi techs from other shops to due their work so most likely one of your local shops has a race tech tech. Good luck
Dano

Officer I was no where in the area at that time!!! Trust me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts