Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the Sugo race the past weekend? What happened to Isutzu? Last year he placed twice. Only saw Yanagawa, Wlaker and E. Bostrom. Only Yanagawa did any good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Isutzu crashed out during a practice or qualifying session. AMAsuperbike.com or rumblestrip.net should have the exact info. Can't remember off of the top of my head.

-Steve

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah, that's about the size of it. He crashed Friday during practice entering the chicane and high-sided. I'm in the USAF here in Japan, about 3 hours from Sugo. A group of us went to the races this weekend. Needless to say we were very disappointed he wouldn't be running on race day. It was still a great weekend of racing. This happened to be my first "live" World SBK event. It was really a blast getting to see all the great ones, I usually read about, in person. Seeing the race first hand gave me a different impression of Chris Walker. Although he didn't finish high, he rode the s%@t out of the ZX7 at Sugo this weekend. Personally, I think E Bostrom was holding back after Superpole. He just didn't appear to be going all out. I'll try to post pics later.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was really disappointed that Izutsu didn't race. He was really starting to get a handle of the WSB series full time. He qualified well and would have surely placed since he's raced so well in the past. I read on the Kawasaki site that he broke some bones in his hand and will be out for awhile.

EBoz just couldn't get dialed in. He was was saying that the WSB guys are so much quicker at getting their bikes set-up and he was impressed at how well they rode. I'm sure he'll do great when they come to the States this summer.

I've always been impressed with Walker. He's trying his best. I'm sure his confidence is low because of the whole Grand Prix crap and the Bell's Palsy issue. Wait until they get to England and we'll see a different Stalker!

Fear is a darkroom where negatives are developed.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wayched the race last night. Awesome course from the looks of it. Just kind of wanted to see a 4 cylinder do well. Tamada sure rode a pretty good race as did edwards in #1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts