Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I want to get a mirrored visor, and I was wondering what my options are.... Can I get some sort of spray/stick-on stuff, or do I need to buy another, already mirrored visor? And, how much would the stuff or a new visor be?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
A mirrored visor is your best bet. I've heard of people buying the mirror-finish tint material, but it doesn't work well on visors. Too much curve, and too much wear and movement. It'll end up peeling off after a couple weeks of use.

A mirror-finish (Irridium) visor is usually $60-70, depending on the helmet brand. The coating usually rubs off within a year or so of use. A regular dark-tint is about $40 (the same price as a new clear visor)

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
hey Blue where are you spending 60-70 for Iridium visors, My HJC visors ruhn about $30 and the Shoei visors are only $40. you be gettin taken for a ride if your payin that much

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow...
...that's what makes my thumper go

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I know that's what the Arai ones run...I thought the Shoei's were that price too...the mirrored visors were always 20-30 more than the regular tinted ones...

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Blue and all others,

I have had problems with iridium lenses, and have pretty much waved off them all the same. They are cool looking but they are not worth the hassle and when the tint does start to rub off which does occur and IT WILL, the affect of protection for the sun is diminished and gets bothersome real quick. Get a Dark Tint and you will be much happier.

p.s. I think blue was responding so blue I did not direct this at you, sorry.
~A

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
check this site out. they got this thing you can stick on your visor so you don't have to carry a second one in case you're gonna ride into the night.

i have one and i love it. it's not a perfect fit for my HJC cl -12. but it covers most of it.

http://www.coolcycle.com

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Hey jabuan, thanks for the great link, just bought one. Looks like a great Idea, plus it is cheap if it does not quite work out. You ever have any problem tacking it off while you are riding?

“When the dogs are looking for their bones and it’s raining ice picks on your steel shores”

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
3banger...no, none at all. the thing is really convenient. just make sure to rub out all the airbubbles. you'll see the directions when you get it.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Depends on your helmet... If you have a helmet like my OGK which has "Tear-Offs", they make them in clear, smoked, and mirrored.

M.

·
Registered
670 Posts
what's this talk of blue iridium wearing off? I've had a blue iridium visor on my Arai for 2 years now. It's perfect except for that damn scratch I put in it!!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
i messed up my blue iridium visor for my hjc after like a month of owning it.

i friggin' rubbed off the tint. stupid me. hjc doesn't have the best construction though. so it figures.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jabuan - I'd need a visor for an HJC helmet (some model from last year, not sure which), too. Do you think that a smoked visor would be the better choice? I don't want to buy an iridium visor and accidentally mess it up in a month.... Would there be any improvement in this problem (I consider it a problem) - I mean, would the visors last longer now, if people have told the company???

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
There are now stupid questions just stupid people /images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/wink.gif Yeah I like that thing jabaun posted and am thinking about getting one but still may go full out and get a new shield for the suomy.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
jim...when i got the blue iridium visor, i noticed that it was very sensitive to finger oils. so if you touched it, you would naturally have to wipe it off. it was just a hassle. i'm not sure if it's like that with arai, shoe, etch.

but anyway...get the smoked, it won't be a hassle like the iridum. plus scratches are less noticable on them. (IMO at least)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
SMOKED IS THE WAY TO GO! Especially light smoke. I ride with it at night time (everyday coming home from work). It's A-OK>

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've got a tip for ya, if you have a place to store another sheild on the bike, or in a tankbag, put it in a sock. It'll stay clean & scratch free between uses.

<font color=blue>That's not a <font color=red> threat, <font color=blue>it's a <font color=red>promise!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts