Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to make a rs250 meet U.S. emissions standards without
drastically affecting engine performance? Probably not, huh? Oh well.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Never heard of motorcycles being subject to emissions testing, the real hurdle in registering them has always been not having a VIN recognizable by DMV computers.

Good luck,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Unless you live in California, you shouldn't have to worry about emissions testing.

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
A friend of mine has a street "legal" RS 250 here in Vail, CO. He bought it for his wife!!!! He bought a Canadian kit (lights) and registered it in Montana. Couple of my riding buddies had the opportunity to ride it last season and they all, without exception, loved it (and its unicycle ability!!).

The Bananer Man

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what it would take, but I've heard that it's possible to get a streetbike somewhere overseas and import it for street use here. TAKES BIG BUCKS, though... I should think more than would be worth it.

Check out http://www.gpstar.net GP Star imports bikes from overseas, normally for racing purposes. They'd probably know how to sneak one in.

If you're just looking for a 250 for your girlfriend to start on, it would be a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to find her a used 600.

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
547 Posts
yeah, but a 250 two stroke is just hard to resist....and the look..... ok ok, back to search ex250 for my girlfriend.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey guys...

I have been riding an RS250 streetbike since they came out in 1995. I currently ride a 1998 streetbike and for me it is the best bike I have ever ridden and wouldn't give it up for anything. I don't think that guy got Aprilia parts in Canada as there are no Aprilia dealers their??

Jay Bernard
MOTOTEK/Aprilia
www.mototek.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
hey,

I was down at Spectrum Honda and Aprilia South of Long Beach CA.

They have a bitchen looking 250 on the floor. A 1999 I think. Call em or search on the web. I think it was street legal but not sure.

Hope that helps...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts