Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i said in the past regarding 2-strokes overall and the first round (suzuka) in particular. copy/paste from mcn...
________________________________________________________________________________________

Rossi: two strokes can beat me

28 Mar 2002
By Gary Pinchin

Valentino Rossi has been beaten in testing for the second time this year by a two-stroke NSR, and he reckons it won’t be the last time.

Daijiro Katoh was again the man. His best lap of 2:04.40 was 0.13s better than Rossi’s in a two-day test at Suzuka. Both times were well inside Loris Capirossi’s 2:04.77 pole time of 2002.

It prompted Rossi to admit there are certain tracks where 500s will have an advantage over four-strokes.

He said: " This test has shown there is little difference between two-strokes and four-strokes. The second part of Suzuka is quite twisty and that’s where the two-strokes work better. But we’re still developing the RCV. The power is good, but we still need to work on traction. When I’m on the edge of the tyre and open the throttle, the power comes in very suddenly.

" It is much easier with a two-stroke at this point because you can control wheelspin by balancing the throttle and the clutch. "

Rossi believes there are four tracks where two-strokes will have the edge – Suzuka, Welkom, Rio and Valencia.
________________________________________________________________________________________

believe me, don't envy... it get's tiring being "right" all the time... LOL very laborious... :)

http://esport.sportbikes.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=roadracing&Number=16488&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1#Post16488

http://esport.sportbikes.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=roadracing&Number=16755&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&vc=1#Post16755

·
Registered
852 Posts
The key word being "can". Of course the 2-strokes "can" beat the 4-strokes, I never said they couldn't. What I was saying was that I believe it is UNLIKELY that the 2-strokes will win more than 3 races. I doubt Rossi would disagree with that.

bitTRL1000
Midwest CCS #918

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahahhahaaa... just breakin' your balls... :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I have a feeling for this year at least the two strokes will win more than just a few races. Next year will be different but for this year look for the two strokes to win two thirds of the races. I would say for a new bike to win any races in its inagural year is a fantastic acheivement.

Craig #222wsmc

its all in the transitions

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
"...you can balance wheelspin with the throttle and the clutch." I never would have thought they were clutching 500's like a dirtbike.. Rossi is Nucking Futs!

What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts