Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a Contract Mfg business and buy a lot of semiconductors and came across this add in one of our trade magazines. Sportbikes are popping up in all types of places. This is an add for a Data Converter chip from Texas Instruments. Guess they are trying to sell chip speed and performance!

John

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
Re: Spotbikes in adds

What the heck is a Spotbike? :lol:

I know what you mean, they're in A LOT of different publications now ~

JM

·
aprilia junkie
16,379 Posts

ADD: TO SUM TWO OR MORE NUMBERS
AD: (Abbv.) ADVERTISEMENT: TO SHOW OR PROMOTE FOR CAPITAL GAIN

I was going to make a smartass quip about the tread title wonderinng if bikes are able to do math on their own now, but TWO people botched the proper use of the word! :808993-banghead:

·
Registered
11,190 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
novos said:

I was going to make a smartass quip about the tread title wonderinng if bikes are able to do math on their own now, but TWO people botched the proper use of the word! :808993-banghead:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. :blush: :smile:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

novos said:

I was going to make a smartass quip about the tread title wonderinng if bikes are able to do math on their own now, but TWO people botched the proper use of the word!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am having a bad spelling day. To many beers last night can not type correct :808993-banghead:

John

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing there has been a 7% growth in the motorcycle market but the sale of sportbikes was on the decline through Sept of 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank the insurance industry for that. :frown: I work in a dealer and you would not believe the number of sportbike deals that are customer agreed and credit approved but go south when the insurance is quoted :flame:

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
Did you finance it? If it is a cash deal we have no concern with insurance. However if it is financed our agreement with the banks says we cannot let the bike out the door until we have proof it is insured - full coverage with the bank named as a payee.

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
Its possible having a bike presently insured is good enough or CA might have different rules. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif All I was really trying to say is when you get a quote for insurance that is more than the bike payment it usually kills the sale :frown:

·
Registered
269 Posts
In New York with suzuki financial I only need liablity on the bike to get it out of the door. Since the loan is actually a credit card account they count it as a credit card not as a loan. That is the only way I can figure that they would allow me to walk out the door with a 10k loan basically and not full coverage. Stupid yes but it makes me happy atleast I didnt eat the bullet on the Gs500F and got rid of it before the trade in value took a dump. It was going from 3.5k trade in to 2k in 1 year and lower after that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.