Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting a Pit-bull or other rear stand for my R1.

Does anyone have any preferance as to which is best to buy using a spool stand or swing arm version?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Get a spool stand, it's a lot more stable! Pit Bull also offers one that come with both. Spools are the way to go though.

Mo

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
i have both and i can only agree with the first two posts.when my bike is on the spool stand it's as solid as a rock. the spool stand also allows a little more room to work on the bike.

get the handy stands.$99.99 for the front and rear. you cant beat the price anywhere and the quality is excellent. better then my micron stand. http://www.handyindustries.com

·
Registered
58 Posts
Spools..I have the pit bulls and mine fell of the rear stand when I was working on it one day. Luckily that front brake lever and foot peg saved it. Just a small (I mean really small) paint chip where it fell on the bottom. Needless to say I switched my stands over to the spools.....

Let's go to the mountians!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
my r6 did the same thing...sure glad the farings were off at the time. the fell on my helmet no biggie. dont care about the scratch it put in my helmet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts