Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine is seriously looking at 2000 speed triple and I don't know a whole lot about it, cept it's almost a daytona...Anyone got an opinion

............TWIST WITH AUTHORITIE............

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Consistenly, better than my spelling, the best in classs in regard to the naked big liter bikes, also the best looking. Great midrange grunt and very comfortable, even with the wind in your face, what it is all about. Triumph hit a grand slam with the Speed Trip. Great bike!!

Triumph Sprint ST

G

·
two words:MUST HAVE
Once you cross over to the dark side, there is no reason to return /images/icons/smile.gif
Honestly, there are few bikes as adept at both commuting/touring and sport riding. The suspension and brakes are on par w/ any sportbike and the powerband is there in a big way from 3500 - 9500 rpm.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ahhh, If I could only have a stable full of bikes. The S3 would be one of the first additions! They are sex on wheels!

Nugget'01 Sprint RS

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching me!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would recommend the 02 Speed Triple because of the updated motor. I rode one about 3 weeks ago and was very impressed. "City Bike", a california motorcycle newspaper, just did a great article on the 02 also. I found it to have a bit stronger low and mid range than a stock daytona, but doesnt have near the top end punch! And the black looks killer! The riding position was perfect and very comfortable, it made me wonder why I bought the Daytona? Plenty of power and you can ride it all day long without your limbs falling asleep!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a Suzuki GSX-R 750 and a '00 Speed Triple. On december of last year I have an accident on my Speed Triple. I still have to fix the damage on my Speed Triple, but I was thinking about changing it later on for a '02 GSX-R1000, but I have not decided yet. Once you hear the muscular sound of a 3 cylinder engine with an aftermarket exhaust, you do not want to go back to a 4 cylinder again.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
IRP. Keep the the Speed Trip. Wow, what a great combo of bikes a rippin 4 cylinder and a midrange torquein triple. I often think what I would get for a another bike, the
GSXR-750 would be a great change and compliment.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have to agree with Mich. As a technical and performance tour-de-force the 1000 is awe inspiring. The problem is that the performance level is just way over the top. Sounds like I'm wimping out but I know two people who own these bikes and both are fantastic riders, one of them an expert level ex-factory rider. Both of these riders give this bike high marks but also say it is a handfull to ride and exceeds their skills by a wide margin. One of them sold his and the ex-factory guy uses his for track days only perfering to stick with other bikes for street use. When I had a chance to ride one it left me speechless. I think having a GSXR-750 and S3 would give you the best of both worlds, a precision hyper-sports machine and a hooligan street ride.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
lets just say that I love My Speed Triple! I couldn't be happier with the way it rides, it has everything and more I could ever want out of a bike, and I've out carved many a race rep on it. Now Triumph on the other hand I have mixed emotions, If you get the bike make sure you get it from a dealership with a NO-$hit reputation for serving their customers and a kick a$$ mechanic to back it up, don't settle for anything less! trust me. If your in the New England, Connecticut area Stay away from Libbys!!

<font color=blue>I <font color=red>TRIPLE</font color=red> dog dare ya!!!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Its the bee's knees, the cat's pajamas, all that and a bag of chips, lovey-dovey, and money in one unique and extremely fun ride. Your friend can't go wrong. /images/icons/smile.gif/images/icons/cool.gif

The Dirty Dozen for the price of One.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts