Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pic is of a 9 x 19 125 grn Hallow Point, a basic 9 x 19 ball round, a 7.62 x 39 round and a 7.62 x .51. So those of you out there who know these rounds. Just for fun who should we use them on and why? Or who would you like to use them on anyways. This is just for fun okay. Each of these rouinds have a special purpose........ :grin:

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The ear protection you see is so you do not have to hear them scream..... :grin:Slorch do you scream....... :grin: :808876-nono:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Soft target (i.e. human)

Target practice is about all I would use ball for though it could be used for humans

Med size game: deer, antilope, you could use it for an elk i guess but its borderline for that.

I dont know about that one. Thats got a lot of powder behind it, but I guess the same as above.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:Slorch do you scream....... :grin: :808876-nono:

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I have an abnormally high pain threshold, bitch! :coolgleamA:

I just bought some very special bed sheets that I'll use to wrap your care package. I think they'll suit you just fine! :lol: :bird: :lol:

·
Registered
526 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
Bah, that's all penny-ante stuff.

I dream of dropping one of these on my boss. :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope they made two of those! :lol2:

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
It's a replica of the Tsar Bomba, the most powerful bomb ever built or exploded.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw something on the History or Discovery channel a month or two ago, they were talking about the USSR buildling a "doomsday" bomb. Basically they were just going to turn an ocean freighter into a giant nuclear bomb, if the USSR was ever attacked with Nuclear weapons and it looked like it wasn't going to survive....they thought nobody else should be able to survive either. Luckily they never tried to build it.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
9 x 19 125 grn Hallow Point, a basic 9 x 19 ball round

[/ QUOTE ]

Pistol Ammo. Hollow points are designed to expand upon impact. Ball ammo is designed for best possible penetration.

[ QUOTE ]
a 7.62 x 39 round

[/ QUOTE ]

AK47s shoot these.

[ QUOTE ]
7.62 x .51

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just say .308 Winchester? :grin:

It's rifle ammo - A sniper might use this. And didn't the Sovs make a machine gun using it??

Scott :smile:

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
scotteq said:
[ QUOTE ]
9 x 19 125 grn Hallow Point, a basic 9 x 19 ball round

[/ QUOTE ]

Pistol Ammo. Hollow points are designed to expand upon impact. Ball ammo is designed for best possible penetration.

[ QUOTE ]
a 7.62 x 39 round

[/ QUOTE ]

AK47s shoot these.

[ QUOTE ]
7.62 x .51

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just say .308 Winchester? :grin:

It's rifle ammo - A sniper might use this. And didn't the Sovs make a machine gun using it??

Scott :smile:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hallow Point??? must be for shooting demons and such
9mm Hollow points are what most cops carry in the USA...

9mm Ball also known as FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) we in the military carry these in the POS Berreta pistol that we have to carry

7.62x39mm AK'a and SKS's use these

7.62x51mm known as 7.62 Nato or .308 used by the Germans, English and the French in their main batttle rifle also used by the US Army/Marine Corps in their Sniper systems M40/M24/M21

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
PaintballinRider said:
You all scare me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?????????? there have been times my life depended on one of these rounds.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hallow Point??? must be for shooting demons and such
9mm Hollow points are what most cops carry in the USA...

9mm Ball also known as FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) we in the military carry these in the POS Berreta pistol that we have to carry

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of the LOAC we can not carry hollow point OVERSEAS, But in the good old USA the airforce Has hollow points for our M-9's

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Slorch ~ :grin:

I used the .308/7.62 x .51 in my HK-G3 this past summer.

Goob, you are quite right about that round. Believe or not. The regular troops here in Iraq are not allowed to carry it either. Its against the Geneva Convention.

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
SSgtGooB said:
This what you need to carry :bow:

[/ QUOTE ]

at more than a $1 a round no thanks and if any of y'all have ever pulled the trigger on a .50BMG all I can say is owww. .300WinMag or .338Lapua is fine for me

1 - 20 of 29 Posts