Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just happened to stop over at ferraccis's for a part i had ordered last saturday and saw their new stainless steel MV agusta slip on. similiar to systems being produced in the U.K. my guess is when ducati releases the 999, the oulets of it's dual exhaust will have adopted the "cleaner" look of these "tapered cones" similiar to this MV slip-on. or at least that's a styling element, i'm hoping for... :) this is also assuming the aftermarket doesn't beat terblanche to the punch...

it's somewhat unnerving to think that we'll likely see the desmodici GP bike BEFORE we even see the 999...??? one we see inside of 10 months and the other takes darn near 10 years... :( again, i say... just copy tamburini's MV (what would've been the 916 replacemant anyway) and be done with it. i'll be more than happy and not think any less of you pierre... :)

in fact, i'll actually think MORE of you if you just came out and said... "hey guys... there's no sense in me trying to top what's been done with the MV, the mondial, or the benelli... while we were resting on our laurels, many others in the Italian industry were innovating and i don't wanna screw up a hallowed masterpiece like the original 916..." :)

see now... that would take CAJONES...!!! LOL i doubt that he even has a chance of "matching" those other designs... let alone "topping" them...??? that's a tall order for one man. he'd better enlist the help of GUIGARO if he knows what's good for 'em. otherwise, one "mis-step" and you're going to be CRUCIFIED...!!! LOL

1/2

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another angle...

2/2

·
Registered
831 Posts
Man that thing looks loud! It almost looks like tree roots growing under the seat. That's artwork.

Jay
Hello, Come in Earth, Over./images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Do you carry a camera with you everywhere you go shamar1???/images/icons/crazy.gif

You have pics of EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Those are some good looking cans on that MV. I have a buddy that bought some very nice cans for his MV, similar to the ones in your pic, and after a good ride in the hills of southern Oh, he ended up melting some of his mono tail. Quite the bummer, and he ended up sending the exhaust back over the pond to the folks he bought it from. Now, with that said, this winter he is trying another exhaust, and we shall see how it works with the tail.

Really a bummer for him to burn his tail section with the aftermarket pipes...who would have thought that would be an issue? We even made sure they were properly aligned and all...

Welp, that concludes my 12:04 am rant...thanks for the pics Shamar!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Wow, those are great looking cans. Were you able to hear what they sounded like??

Regards,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sadly no, jobu... but i hope it is loud 'cause i heard a brand new stock MV at another dealership and it sounds like any other Japanese I4. man was that ever a "hard-on killing" experience... :(

and now that i think about it... for a "premium shop" like ferracci's, i RARELY EVER hear a bike started up or running outside nor back in the shop...??? it's always "whisper quiet". as much as i'm over there, i've DEFINITELY never heard one back in the shop... and only once did i hear a 748 someone was taking delivery of outside the back door that had arrow cans put on (and almost ashamedly, i've got a picture i took that day too with a cheap disposable, LOL).

hey notto, i do NOW actually... :) i finally bought that digital camera i was saving up for before i went down to daytona. they're so small, i just throw it on my hip along with my palm pilot and cell phone. i'm so "geared up" when i leave out, i'm not sure whether i'm going to fight crime like batman... or i'm a Japanese tourist...!?!? LOL

it's just a kodak jobbie, but it goes up to 3.1 megapixels... :) i've rarely used it on that setting though. i even had it with me the other day when an 18 yr old cut me off and we got into an accident. perfect for documenting the damage to my vehicle with photos. i was "johnny on the spot"...!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
I pays to carry a digital camera with you as much as possible; you never know when you will need one as Shamar pointed out in his last photo. I always bring mine when I'm out on the bike.

Nice pics of the MV by the way. I don't think I like the carbon cans as much as the aluminum though; at least not on the white bike.

·
Registered
372 Posts
well, with the aftermarket cans on the MV, it sounds just like a 'louder' 4. Really diappointing really. The MV would be the perfect bike, if she was a v-twin and sounded better. /images/icons/smile.gif

Just my opinion.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
silver... i didn't say anything, 'cause i just knew you'd figure it out eventually... that, or when you looked at your pics back from the christmas party... :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
actually i've also heard a stock MV F4 and it sounded like any other inline four below 5K rpm, but as soon as he revved it above 5000 rpm it sounded like a formula 1 ferrari.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
My monitor at work is kinda funky with colors I think. It is definately silver looking here at home on my Viewsonic monitor (stoopid Compaq work monitors! LOL).

You know, I think a solid white MV might look pretty sweet!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've owned some Japanese bikes and a Ducati and I have to disagree my MV has a very distinct sound to it. With the new Arrow exhaust and chip through MV Agusta Special Parts S.r.l. it now doesn't even come close to sounding just like another 4. If you have ever been to a Formula One race, we have one at the track here in Indianapolis, it does sound similiar to this. Not exact but close. at around 5K or more. Anyone who has seen these bikes up close you can't disagree on this... The fit and finish of these bikes are really good. Not your typical Italian finish everything spared at the cost of performance. This bike has show and go. A lot of special attention was given to this bike. Tamburini did it again. Ducati why didn't you just have him design the 999????? It would be out by now and I could have bought that! Damn them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts