Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well I gotta tell ya, I did it, I bought a 2002 red and black gixxxer 1000. I love yamis, and i loved my r1. I had a full akrapovic on it and ivan jet kit. beleive me it was fast and powerfull! But i love my new bike. I am still breaking it in and its cold here. but wow! Sorry I traded sides guys! Too many bikes and too little time to be loyal :( But anyway, your still my guys. I am just faster now then the rest of you. JK! I just ordered a full system akrapovic and pclllr for my bike!!! i am excited.. SO ANYWAY

there are a lot of differences I noticed. I liked the r1s suspension better. But for me beinga shorter buy, I actually like the seating position on the gixxer better. Weird huh, you would think the opposite. But i don't like how i seem to sit farther back on the bike. It makes it harder to pull up wheelies. I am lucky the bike is soo powerful. Second gear comes up like first gear did with my old r1 stock (w/o akra). The gixxer feels more stable for some reason the my yami. I don't know why. I was goign 100 and it felt like 40mph... But anyway i got on my friends 2001 r1 and popped up second and rode it for a while. It felt nice to do taht again. I miss the blue, BUT LOVE THE RED BETTER! Anyway, see ya around guys!
ONE MORE THING> THE STOCK PIPE SOUNDS AWESOME. IT sounds like an akrapovic does i think. I was really impressed!

Learn how to get it up!

Learn how to get it up!

·
Registered
100 Posts
why..........Why........WHY??? How much are u getting paid for this? No one in their right mind would ever pick the gsxr1000k over a R1! I am in tears, just leave the forum before I lose it..................just teasing man, congrats on the new bike best of luck on it./images/icons/wink.gif

"The road to hell is paved....Ride it!"

·
Registered
428 Posts
IronmanR1,

/images/icons/shocked.gifI am sure this is just a phase your going through and will come to your senses soon!!!/images/icons/wink.gif j/k

Congrats on your new Gixxer, ride safe.

Jen

To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
so he didnt quite get a great look at the light....but at least he's seen the light and moved on from yami....hehehe

G

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are hillarious.! and hey your right, at least i didn't buy a HONDUH!!!!! I am smarter then that. I do miss my r1. and i have secopnd guessed myself many times about the liquid silver r1. But having a 160 rwhp is NICE!!!!

Learn how to get it up!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Oh well Ironman, you can always come when your bike is in the shop which is where most of the Gixxers spend their time, sorry to be the one to say it but "I told you so!"

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That's because mostly everybody who owns a Gixxer completely beats the hell out of them. You wouldn't know that Wild because your Triumph couldn't handle a third of what gixxers go through/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
376 Posts
So to sum it up, Squids need to beat the hell out of their Gixxers to keep up with Triumphs! Hehheeehehe!
Here is a pic of the front for them since they have only seen them from the rear!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
wildRS... you've got to be kidding me right! another fake internet racer, there seems to be a lot of them going around/images/icons/shocked.gif!

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts