Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I ordered a new 530 chain, new front and rear sprockets, tires, and a new chain tool.

Soon I'll be out on the highways again. Wave if you see me!
:bird:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
So whats the deal with you selling your bike? You just bought more stuff for it? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I remember you talking about getting a Gixxer, and I said I might buy your old CBR. I am trying to sell my VFR now, so if you still have your CBR and its running. I will get it when I sell my VFR. I left a message in your thread about you selling it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's nothing wrong with the 929 man, it's just time for a new victim. :lol:
I wouldn't sell someone a bike needing stuff done to it and as for buying parts, I get a new chain and sprockets every season........and tires once a month. :lol:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.motionpro.com/Docs/chaintools.html

I got the Jumbo tool for two reasons...
First, this tool seems to be heavyduty which I need because I'm clumsy and not very patient. :lol:
Secondly, because my local dealer sold it to me with a replacement pin for $118.
I've used this tool before as a friend has it. It works well but everytime I change the chain I swear I'm going to start using the clip style masterlink. :lol:

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's the same chain tool I got last year. The tool itself is very well built. If anything is going to break, that tool will be the last to go. There is one problem with it however. The plate that presses the master link back together before you rivit it, doesn't fit a 530 chain. At least not the 530 chain I had. I think it's designed for a 520 or smaller. I had to custom fabricate a plate that would push the master link together. It was a real pain in the ass. Then I went and wreaked the bike 1000 miles later. Go figure.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
rocksmoker said:
530? Dayum. Kinda big I'd think. Oh, wait. It's a Hon-DUH. Everything has to be too big and overweight. :lol:

Well, when Jeff hits the road nobody will be safe! Including him! :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

530 is stock man!
i had a 520 which you know, as you was there when sherm hooked me up. The 520 was great until it stretched that first little bit and then it needed adjusting after every ride.

Yes! I agree!
If you see me on the road, I'd just pull over and let me pass! :bird:

·
Registered
198 Posts
man tell me you're not leaving the Honda Camp!!!Kawasucki, SUZISUKI, and Yamapuke ..Honda rhymes with ....well nothing ...if you go you'll be back...I hear that the new cbr1000rr has ALOt of low end grunt for street use...Just shave a few pounds of it hear and there...heck I lost 15 Just dumping the boat anchor of a muffler off my 600...Hondas Under tails look cool but are heavy...Or you could get your hands on a 954... :waytogo:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't really decided which bike I'm getting this spring as yet. I'm not brand loyal really and I'm in no rush to spend my money either, so I will be checking them all out, once they all come out that is. :lol:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Jeff... it is the '05 Gixxer we are also waiting to sit our arses on to check out. Us 929 riders stick together.... yeah! :grin:

$4000 huh? OK... we got 3 guys waiting for our 929... but then again, it is in a LOT better shape than yours. :bird:

And... been treated "properly" with real "love"... :grin: :lol:

I'll spread the word to 'em if you are serious in selling it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.