Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took it out for a quick run around the neighborhood today. Suddenly my bike stops running and my FI light comes on. I try to start it and it struggles to stay on. After a few rolling starts and trying to give it a little gas, a very very very loud backfire happens. After that it stayed on and I was able to ride it back home. Anyone know what the heck is going on???

'I wanna race.. who wants to sponsor me??'

·
Registered
242 Posts
Any number of things.

1. You ran out of gas.
2. Your battery is gone.
3. There's some electronic failure.
4. There's something wrong with the fuel delivery system: fuel pump, fuel filter, pinched hose?

"Do you know what 'the world' is to me? Shall I show it to you in my mirror?" Nietzsche

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah.. its a 2001 GSXR600 with only 3500 miles on it if that helps.

'I wanna race.. who wants to sponsor me??'

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
could be a lot of things especially since the fi light came on. take it in for a check up.

<font color=red>Love</font color=red> <font color=blue>Peace</font color=blue> <font color=green>Happiness</font color=green> <font color=purple>Ride</font color=purple>

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello friends my name is Freeman696 I am a member of Motorcity Superbike club in Detroit, I ride a 2001 gsxr 600(yellow and black). I am a newbie in this forum my first post is the one about my bike wont shift properly. I bought the service manual for the gsxr 600 and will enter some info on the FI codes. My bike has also given me the FI code, but there are two different situations one where the bike will continue to run and another where the bike shuts down. The self diagnosis function is incorporated in the ECM(processor).the function has two modes,"user mode" and "dealer mode". The user can only be notified by the LCD(display) panel and LED(FI light). To check the function of the individual FI system devices, the dealer mode is prepared. In this check, the special tool is necessary to read the code of the malfunction items. USER MODE *1 when one of the signals is not received by the ECM, the Fail safe circuit works and injection is not stopped. In this case, FI and coolant temp. are indicated in the LCD panel and the motorcycle can run. *2 The injection signal is stopped, when the camshaft position sensor signal, crankshaft position sensor signal, tip over sensor signal, #1/#2/#3 and #4 ignition signals,#1/#2/#3 and #4 injector signals, fuel pump relay signal or ignition switch signal is not sent to ECM. In this case, FI is indicated in the LCD panal. Motorcycle dose not run. I hope this help some there are two more pages on FI codes and the method for self diagnosis, as well as dealer mode diagnosis. If you live in the Detroit area I will meet ya some where and let you chech out the manual, if you live else where, and want to keep the GSXR 600 go buy a service manual, belive me you are goint to need it, because it seem there is always something going wrong with the little SUZI. I have had a new clutch(warrenty),FI trouble twice, and now the gear shifter will not work properly, my bike was a very early 01 model I bought it April 2nd 2001, and it now has 6300 miles on it and has eaten 3 dunlop D207, but riding her hard is the only way to stay with the boys on the 1000's

·
Registered
823 Posts
Is there warrantee on the bike? If so, phew!!!

Good luck.

"Ask not what your bike can do for you,
ask what you can do for your bike"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts