Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check these guys out too:

http://www.tecmoto.co.uk/

Very cool accessories too, the pics are copy protected on this site... go to the "accessories" section.

I particularly like the biposto tail cover that replaces the seat and I also like the painted "clock surround" piece that goes around the gauges.

M.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
C'mon, I agree with the 1st two pics, but the micro turn signals look nice...?

If I dont integrate my rear turn signals, I might go with these for the REAR.

Check out that last site, it has a really nice tail piece for the biposto.

M.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Alright, now that link has some nice stuff!

Hard anodized buttons to convert brake rotors to full floating action - noticeably decreases rolling resistance! 20 piece set for 5mm thick rotors, includes washers and e-clips. £67.00

How is this better than non-floating if someone could explain it a bit better.

Check out this Duc in the stand section!

·
Registered
296 Posts
go w/ evoluzione and integrate the rear signals. i think it looks the cleanest.

where is the biposto cover? i'm interested in that.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
If you have Internet Explorer 6 you may hover the cursor over a picture to get a small 4 option popup menu (save, print, email and open my pictures folder). Cool eh? /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Those micro blinkers(which are smaller than your pinkie), and bar end blinkers are VERY bright! They've got halogen bulbs... I've sold a lot of those here recently.

John- The stock rotors on your bike are hard mounted to the rotor carrier. (the snowflake center of the brake disc assembly) As you're brakes heat up the rotors contort, making an uneven surface to brake against. This leads to brake fade and increases rolling resistance. Free floaters are allowed to contort on the carrier and still move about on the carrier... thus reducing the above problems. Make sense?

James Nunez
Monster Hooligan
http://www.motowheels.com
Sacto, CA

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Yeah, I think that did the trick James. Thanks. How hard would it be to do this conversion since it is obviously a worthwhile affair?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I'm not real sure how hard it is.... I've got access to a primo metal shop so it won't be hard from lack of tools. I plan on ordering a bunch of sets from Italy soon... when I get them in I'll install a set and let you guys know.

James Nunez
Monster Hooligan
Sacto, CA

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
JAmes, I got some trouble with the front end. When braking hard the front 'shudders', I'm suspecting the headstock or otherwise the discs, will converting the discs to full floating make them less susceptible to warping?

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Does it shudder all the time, or just when the brakes are hot? And yes, the coversion will help with the warping problem. The pads always get a "straight" bite on the disc because the disc is allowed to move on the carrier.
You're on the right track with the headset bearings too... if they're loose you could get a shudder as well. Oh, and I don't have any electrical info for you yet about your blinker/alarm problem. I'll keep looking!

James Nunez
Monster Hooligan
Sacto, CA

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
James,

I dont care for the bar-end turn signals... but the ones on the bottom (pic of 3)... you said those are smaller than your pinkie?

Since you sell these, can you give me the dimensions of these? I'm thinking about ordering a set for the front.

M.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
My front brakes are solid on hard stops but have a pulsing sensation on very light brake applications. I need to have the shop look the bike over soon anyway since I just pushed past 5K on Saturday. The bike tends to stall occassionally as well if I'm idling at a light.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts