Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...about how my sister has been doing since her bout with Leukemia (AML sub-type) last year. Well, I guess there is a bit of catching up to do.

She officially made the official remission sometime last Spetember, and kept going to the doctors on a regular basis (About every 2-4 weeks) just to make sure things were going well for her. So far, so good. In fact, things are going so well, that she met a guy who is absolutely amazing for her, and she landed up moving in with him. They got themselves a dog (Labrador-poodle mix...a labra-doodle! :laugh:) and decided to take it one step further.

As many of you may know, once you've been affected with a cancer, and take chemo-therapy, the chances of having children diminishes drastically. Also, I think the Leukemia itself also affects the possibility of having children as well.

Well, they decided to try for kids (She's 30) and then down the road a bit, get married. They figure dthey might as well start trying now, just in case it took awhile (If at all).

I guess they got it right on the first try!

This litle tyke is due sometime in August (I think). They are also getting married in April.

:waytogo: :waytogo:

Take that cancer, and stick it!!! :bird: :laugh:

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Please pass along my congratulations, Uncle Johnny! :waytogo:

You better watch out or your Mom will start making noise about having more grandkiddies in the family! :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts