Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to make my r6 a one seater.. any suggestions on which tail i should go with want to give it a racing look.. and how much should i expect to pay?? thanks guys and everyone that is a bike freak..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Get the one from Yamaha.

It's all fun and games untill somebody looses a knee puck.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have the Factory Seat Cowl on my 02 R6 and the fit is great, the color is perfect, and the quality is top notch. I paid $135 for it through my Yammi dealer and would highly recommend it. I think someone else on here ordered the factory cowl awhile back and it flew off while traveling down the highway because the bolts vibrated out. As soon as mine came in I took them out and applied some thread lock, not going to take a chance and I don't have to worry about it now /images/icons/smile.gif Go with the factory seat cowl, it completely changes the entire look of the bike.

Ride Safe,
Jen

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guess i should have stated that i don't want just the replacement for the back seat.. want a whole new tail.. not just a seat cowling.. sorry guys.. any suggestions.. i looked into shark skinz but they have no pictures just part numbers with a description.. Blah
Be BAD

·
Registered
398 Posts
yea i wanted the whole solo seat too. but i have yet to see one thta keeps the 2001 led tails. i dont want to lose my tails. ive seen hundreds with custom tails but i like the stock tails better. anyone seen a solo undertail that keeps the 2001 lights?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sharkskinz has nice products, and I have seen an Airtech tail on one before, it looks nice. Several aftermarket fiberglass companies make them. Might even check some of the Race Websites.. Someone might have a used one for a good price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts