Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the first thing I might notice coming from a zx9r? The zx9 is the most comfy sport bike out of the liter class they say. So how much more comfy is the sv 650?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
First thing you'll notice is how tired your jaw muscles are from grinning so much.

Second thing you MAY notice is the less-than-comfy seat. It seems that about 50% of the owners get sore-butt after about an hour or so, and the other 50% don't. Whether it will happen to you depends on how your butt takes to motorcycle seats. But don't let that stop you from getting one, because there are good aftermarket seats.

You may or may not be bothered by the soft suspension, but if you are the fix can be as cheap as $7.00 or $200 depending on how far you want to take it. For $350 - $1,000 you can also upgrade the rear shock.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The position is more upright. The suspension is very soft, at least if you leave it as it comes, but it's not necessarily confortable. It's basically cheap suspension, as are the ones from any bike from that segment.
For 2002 you get adjustable front forks, which should take care of the problem previous models had. Rear shock can be adjusted too. The engine is just amazing. Hard to believe it only makes 70 hp, and at the crank! Exiting corners, you can overtake/leave behind 4 cylinder bikes with 30 more horsepower (crank)!
And saying it's light doesn't do it justice. You think, and it turns. You don't have to move a muscle. Feels like a bicycle. Brakes are good, especially the rear one.
I had one, and sold it to get a brand new 954. Believe me, if I had enough money, I would have never sold it, I would keep them both.
I miss her ...

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Are you talking about the nekkid SV, or the SVS? I would say the position of the naked SV will be MUCH more comfortable because of the higher bars and lower pegs, the SVS will prolly be about the same.

I plead the 5th

1 - 6 of 6 Posts