Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and to my total amazment they have 3 2002 R1's. One of each color. The seat is hard like a Honda, but it still feels like an R1 to me.

I'd have to say the Blue still looks the best. The silver never really "wowed me" like I thought it would, it's kind of a dull silver, or maybe it was just the lighting. The red looks sweet. It still has the gold fork tubes.

They had the new ZX9's and ZX12's, two 2002 Gixxer 1k's one of each color, and of course both R6's.............

I WISH I COULD AFFORD INSURANCE

It would cost me 3,000 a year to insure a 2002 R1

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
It was gonna cost me 5 bills for my 00, I uped the deduct to $1000 and got it down to $2000 for full coverage.

·
Registered
176 Posts
ok being military im able to go with usaa with a super low premium of $400/mth. but from what I hear state farm has the same rates. motor cycle safety foundation or being a member of AMA will get you a discount.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
My friend wanted to get an R6 but the insurance would've been higher than that man.

Though that was when he was 16 I think.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I would say try statefarm. I just turned 17 when I got my F3 and it was about 36 bucks a month and I had gotten 2 tickets (defective vehicle, reckless driving) and one accident (no fault). I would say you could get it easily under 1000 with around a 250-500 decuctabile.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My problem is I have 4 points from speeding. Which were in my truck not even my bike, but the cheap insurance I once had canceled due to accidents on my bike. They canceled me and said never come back after out fearless leader totaled my bike.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Fatboy, I'd still try STate Farm if you haven't yet. I pay 350 a year for full coverage on my 9r. Never hurts to try even with those points you have.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
So are you going to get a new bike or what? I would go with the silver R1. But that is just me./images/icons/smile.gif Insurance does suck though.

<font color=blue>Sweet Mother of all that is Good & Pure!!!!!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
If I could afford it I'd go with the silver R1. Yeah, it's not wow in person like the pics make you think, but it's still gorgious. And everyone buys blue (okay, not every, but most) so I'd go for something different.

I say go with State Farm too. My R6 will cost me $25/month (buying the bike tonight).

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you go with the silver that would be good as far as the insurance goes. With mine being blue they upped my premium. Must be because they know the blue ones are faster.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Damn, I got pissed because Allstate raised my insurance $70 to $351 a year!! I guess that means I'm getting old. /images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
What dealer was it fatboy? And when it warms up you still need to show me how to ride, like you said you would last year/images/icons/tongue.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif!! Guess I have to wait for you to get a new bike now...thanks kevap/images/icons/crazy.gif!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I feel bad now hearing how much everyone is paying. I pay $180 a year for full coverage w/$100 deductable with State Farm. I didn't think I was very old...

·
Registered
262 Posts
The best quote I got on my 01 R1 was $1600 with $500 ded. And that's with a 10% discount for experienced rider and no points!

....As far as the speeding tickets...you guys need to get better friends. Most of mine are cops! I got out of a wheelie past a cop with an FOP card!/images/icons/cool.gif I'm not to sure but I don't think it will work a second time../images/icons/frown.gif

If you want to know how good the tail section of an R1 looks...Just ask a Honda rider!/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
For once it pays to be old. I'm 35 and only pay $200.00 a year with a $50.00 deductible with State Farm for my 2001 R6.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts