Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the bolt-on just goes on where the stock can is, and I know that a slip-on takes out the "Exhaust Timing Valve", but what are the differences? And would it be more benefical to getting the slip-on and eleminating the ETV vs. getting the bolt-on and leaving the ETV alone? I'm now thinking about going with Micron but I don't know if they make bolt-ons or slip-on or both. Blue Alloy color would be real nice.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
I like the slip on. When I did mine I noticed no loss of low end, and dyno runs show removing the SET valve gives more peak HP. I know Micron makes a bolt-on, but I dont know about the slipon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Slip-ons will only give you a few horsepower, and the Gixxer has so much power you won't even notice it really. It'll just be louder and have a different look.

I'd say go for a full-system. I think Yosh has a full system for like $700, that's only a few hundred more than a slip-on and it gives like 8 horsepower. You probably won't notice that power increase either, but if you're going to do a pipe might as well go all the way.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that a slip-on/bolt-on will only give a little hp but i'm not going for more hp really. I mean, i'm still having a blast playin' with the 144 stock hp. Besides, when I installed a bolt-on on my 01 750, I felt a very noticeable difference. Not in terms of hp, but overall smoothness and power delivery. So i'm sure i'll get that plus a little more because now i'm also installing a PCIII. Which is cool for now.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the half system the same as a slip-on? I'm guessing you're talking about the Yosh.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i've narrowed it down to two pipes, 1: Yosh RS-3 race either titanuim or CF 2: Micron alloy (blue color). What do ya think?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have a half system from Yosh. It's actually the elbow and canister from my old 750 full system. I had my machinist friend make a bushing to fit the stock header to the elbow. It's working really well.

A slip on high mount is available from hindle. I think the peg relocator kit comes with it. I would go with it as opposed to the Yosh I have now.

The header is Ti and why would you want to get rid of that? Yes you might get better flow with an after market header but come on! You're getting over 140hp already!!! Why spend big $ on a Ti aftermarket header???

I think the valve is a buch of emissions crap. Get rid of it and enjoy!!!

"Ask not what your bike can do for you,
ask what you can do for your bike"

·
Registered
823 Posts
Here's a pic.

I fixed your link, the image tags need to be in [ ] brackets.. <font color=green>longrider</font color=green>
BTW, nice bike!! Of course, I'm not biased.../images/icons/smile.gif/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
823 Posts
Can someone help me out here?!!! I suck!

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
here's a question, what is the weight difference between Aluminum and Titanium? does it weigh alot more? because the slip-ons are like half the price./images/icons/smile.gif

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
The weight difference is noticeable, I haven't actually weighed them but you can tell just holding it in your hand. I doubt the sound would be much different as long as you are comparing the same brand since the mufflers are thesame internally

1 - 17 of 17 Posts